Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i replace my alternator a couple of days ago because it was creating a mess of electrical problems and one of them was that my speedo would bounce all over the place and sometime not work, after replaceing my alternator my speedo doesnt work at all now, anyone know what the problem is?

Jesse

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
97DGreenEX said:
i replace my alternator a couple of days ago because it was creating a mess of electrical problems and one of them was that my speedo would bounce all over the place and sometime not work, after replaceing my alternator my speedo doesnt work at all now, anyone know what the problem is?

Jesse
its gets its signal form the VSS(vehicle speed sensor) its on the back side of the tranny. if you replace that it should work just fine. if not, its grounding out somewhere.

·
Registered
10,384 Posts
98civcEK said:
its gets its signal form the VSS(vehicle speed sensor) its on the back side of the tranny. if you replace that it should work just fine. if not, its grounding out somewhere.
heh, check the wiring first. they're not cheap to replace.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.