Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright well im driving around going home and its pooring!!! puddles everywhere and i started noticing everytime i went through a puddle as im holding on to the shifknob i would put it in neutral and go left to right and everytime i went all the way to the left or right it felt like metal on metal clicking i couldnt hear it though... and i put it back in 2nd and it was all the way in gear and the shiftknob was shaking and metal on metal clicking feeling only when i went through water it did this (puddles)!!! (My car sits pretty low as well, droped it 4 inches) for a few seconds and went away! And the tranny i got it brand new only got 800miles on it its a USDM Type-r tranny... so im gonna kill myself if something is already screwing up with it.. ive one raced it maybe once after i put 500miles on it! Sorry if all that was confusing you can im me on matt22894 on AIM .. Thanks

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
at 50 mph or so water is as hard an impact as concrete. think about that....

·
Banned
1,160 Posts
GSRGreenSleeper said:
at 50 mph or so water is as hard an impact as concrete. think about that....
are you serious? I was going thru some pretty deep pools of water :eek: at like 50 mph. I had to hold the steering wheel real tight b/c when I hit it id made a big enough impact to yank the wheel hard to one side. No problems yet tho.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally Posted by hobie237 so this problem only presents itself when the car is wet?
Yeah only when i went through puddles deep enough to splash up water was when it happened... this is also the first time ive had my car in that much rain period

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
appleyard777 said:
My car sits pretty low as well, droped it 4 inches)
HOLY CRAP! :eek . how do you get over speed bumps???
anyway, id say be careful around those puddles. expecially with that tranny. i dont think you did any real damage but dont try it again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts