Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yeah after about a YEAR battling with my parents to let me sell my truck, im finally allowed to, and ill be buying a rex.

heres my situation tho ... of course i have rich ass friends who drive a vr4 (twin turbo 3000gt), a wrx (not sti) but its got a shitload of money in the engine, and one whos getting a rx7 (twin turbo .. yeah..) in a couple months. and guess what, i gotta keep up. so im not sure if i should try n find an si and boost it, or work an h22a in there, and work from it (id really like to do that, but i know its gonna be a shitload of work).

money is somewhat of an issue, but not my biggest worry. id like to go turbo, but i dont know which motors can handle what. i only know a little bit of what im talking about,but im hoping yall can work this out for me.

·
Registered
854 Posts
congrats man, the crx is a great car to show up higher end cars like that very easily.
a b series turbo (b20?) should lay a good smack down on thoes cars even stock.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
idk, i thought about it some more and would like to just keep the stock motor and put a big turbo on it. but like i said i dont know how much an si motor could handle. or if its even good to build on.

·
Registered
252 Posts
i would go with the k20 swap, i dont know how well you are when it comes to working with cars and doing motorswaps, but i should be enough.

·
Registered
693 Posts
new connecting rods, low compression pistons, block guard and thicker head gasket. depending on how much boost you want to do you could resleave the block. thats all i can think of right now.

·
Registered
55 Posts
stjohnscrx said:
new connecting rods, low compression pistons, block guard and thicker head gasket. depending on how much boost you want to do you could resleave the block. thats all i can think of right now.

what he said but you'll get varied opinions on block guards, some people are completely against em and some people swear by em. and also a low comp headgasket isnt needed if u get the right compression from the pistons u buy, but if u cant find the right compression piston ur looking for u can use the headgasket to get closer to u want, its all up to u in the end. in any case if u havent done anything like turbocharge a NA car start reading as much as u can, i dont know of any good books off the top of my head but if someone else wants to chime in with a good book title that would help.

Marcus

·
Banned
2,057 Posts
If you wanna go turbo, this is by far the best site you'll find:

http://www.homemadeturbo.com

As for the engine I'd say go with a B18B non VTEC, very popular turbo engine. You could get a B18C if you have some extra coin and it would be even better for boost. You can't go wrong with the B16A either. Basically if you want to have an engine with lots of potential, I'd gear away from SOHC. They're good engines but you can go further a lot easier with a B series.

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
well i'd personally suggest something un usual

get a ZC engine into an Si (absolutly direct swap, cant get more direct) for 600$ (new engine, 130 hp, low miles) and then put together a turbo kit for it for less then 1500$, and push around 10psi onto the stock engine

for just a little bit over 2K$ you will have over 200hp, and it will be very easy to do, especially the swap, i can even provide with quite a few sites for the swap, it EASY, much easier then b16, plus you wont have problems with weight distribuition unlike the h22

a stock 89 Si with the 130hp ZC engine, will run low 15's, a turbo beast will get into high 13's easily

just that would be my way of doing it

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
vovchandr said:
well i'd personally suggest something un usual

get a ZC engine into an Si (absolutly direct swap, cant get more direct) for 600$ (new engine, 130 hp, low miles) and then put together a turbo kit for it for less then 1500$, and push around 10psi onto the stock engine

for just a little bit over 2K$ you will have over 200hp, and it will be very easy to do, especially the swap, i can even provide with quite a few sites for the swap, it EASY, much easier then b16, plus you wont have problems with weight distribuition unlike the h22

a stock 89 Si with the 130hp ZC engine, will run low 15's, a turbo beast will get into high 13's easily

just that would be my way of doing it
that sounds like a great idea. how easy would the swap be for someone who has no clue what they're doing? lol.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts