Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Premium Member
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after about a year having them sitting in my garage i finally found the time to put the drop springs on the del sol. total drop of 2 inches. its pretty low. the front wheels kinda bow into the fender a bit but no rubbing or anything at all, which makes me happy, that and its not crazy low to the point i cant make it outta my driveway. im kinda thinking of getting some new rims for the hell of it, and i think i found em...16in Koenig 4x100.
i know the overspray on the tires is kinda bad, but he sed he would for sure clean em b4 he sold em. i was just gonna sand em down and re-paint them black, and painting my interior all red. idk yet tho. once it gets light out ill take some pics of the lowness. i know i wanna get it painted, because honestly, it NEEDS it. i was kinda thinking of candy black with some red flake. i figured it would be a bit different, and cool. either that or just straight black. any suggestions or ideas on some future plans would be sweet.

· Registered
39,372 Posts
pics?

· Registered
1,174 Posts
Do not under any circumstances put a metal flake on your car any color other than silver, and never on a black car, you will regret it when you see it. Your car will look like someone put glitter all over it, and that is not cool. Just straight black, or pearl black if that's what you want.

· Premium Member
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
bass boat FTW
call me retarded if you feel the need to....but what???

and if you say ill regret the flake then ill listen. that'll save me some money lol. ill prolly just go with the gloss black. and i forgot to take some pics, but ill do it today. or ill try to remember. but i do actually have a question. other than a cold air intake, and an exhaust set up, what else is there that you can do on an automatic del sol. AND DONT GIVE ME SHIT FOR HAVING AN AUTO!!! i had a 5speed and honestly i didnt really like it all that much. plus im left handed and im not coordinated enough for it. i dont really want like, holy shit power, just a bit more to have some fun with. any suggestions?

· Registered
41 Posts
I was not calling you retarded.
My father had a body shop for over 30 years.
I remember cars going through there with lots of flake in the paint and it reminded me of a bass boat.
If you want a cool paint job and something that makes your car unique, then have some pearl added to the clear coat. My friend just had his car painted and it is black with a dark blue pearl and it looks amazing in the sunlight.

· Registered
1,174 Posts
I know waht you mean, I had 2 of those through my Chris Craft shop a while ago. One was bright purple with yellow metal flake, and the other red with gold metal flake. So, I know exactly what you mean, but I can't find one online with all that obnoxious metal flake, just this one with metal flake top.

Well, the sides do have metal flake, but still not a good picture example.

· Premium Member
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ahhhh.
i kno u werent calling me retarded...i was saying call me retarded if you want for not knowing what it was.
but thats not a bad idea with the pearl. ill look into that for sure.
money kinda tight right now, (as it is with everyone) so im trying to find some small shit to keep my mind off everything.

and im not gonna lie, i would love to have one of those boats.

· Premium Member
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
to be completely honest. i just want a boat. i live right on lake Erie in Cleveland, Ohio. i just want something big, that i can have some fun on. maybe when i win the lottery...:rolleyes

· Registered
478 Posts
Don't paint your interior, you'll look like an idiot. Do get the wheels but ask him for a more subdued color or have them painted when you do your car. Pearl over black For The Win. Pick up some good tires (tire rack) when you get the wheels and remember that unless you put a camber kit on with the springs that your car will now eat tires. And start saving milk jugs so you can make your own boat ;)

· Premium Member
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yeah, the camber kit is the next step because the front wheels bow out and sit on the inside corner, so they will for sure start to kill em. i think im just gonna paint em myself, just gloss black. i dont wanna spend more money to actually have them painted unless i can get a deal on it when i do have my car done, to see if they can do the rims along with it. i have the pics...(finally) i just gotta find my USB cord for my phone so i can upload em. hopefully soon. Any maybe ill just steal a boat. its cheaper...just a bit more dangerous. lol.

· Registered
478 Posts
Just remember that if you have a black car and paint the car black you'll end up with a couple of different shades of black and that just looks weird. Whatever color your car is paint your wheels a different one.

· Registered
86 Posts
Bro the Price this guy is askin for them rims, you can get some off eBay for the same price. Painted and better looking...only will need tires.
Just my 2 cents.

NOT exactly the size you are looking for (figured you want 17s from CL posting) but none the less better looking and less work.
eBay Motors: 15" RIM WHEELS 4X100 35MM 6 SPOKE BRONZE DEL SOL CRX (item 180339799288 end time Mar-30-09 18:45:34 PDT)
eBay Motors: 15 DRAG WHEELS CIVIC DEL SOL CRX SCION XA XB HONDA RIMS (item 270366323975 end time Apr-01-09 14:33:55 PDT)
For an automatic you can add a supercharger I believe, I have an Auto as well...no hate! As long as it's your ride and you love..that's all that matters.

· Premium Member
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yea i get what ur sayin. the only thing is, the ones off CL HAVE tires, and no shipping charge. The ones you posed on here off ebay are around 270 for all four, but 100-150 shipping. then approx 100 per tire...im pushin around 750-800 bucks, and workin at outback for 8.00 an hour...i cant cover that. i found some other ones that ARE all black and their 17's with tires for a bit more...4 lug 17" rims and tires...4x100 4x114.3,
so i might go with these, but im not sure.
and ill look into the super charger option.
thanks.

· Premium Member
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
no, their aftermarket struts. when i bought the car, i had my mechanic check it out and the two right struts were blown. i just had all of em replaced. i dont really know what brand they are, but my mechanic said they were brand new, and were performance. him being a family friend, and basically my uncle, i trust him. why do you ask?

· Premium Member
29,824 Posts
no, their aftermarket struts. when i bought the car, i had my mechanic check it out and the two right struts were blown. i just had all of em replaced. i dont really know what brand they are, but my mechanic said they were brand new, and were performance. him being a family friend, and basically my uncle, i trust him. why do you ask?
because lowering on cheap struts and shocks will cause them to blow. i'd really try to find out what brand. i hope they aren't ebay/ dropzone

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.