Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am new here i just stoped by because i need to find a site about hondas mainly about civics because i should be getting one if it gose through its a 1994 Honda Civic its a 5-speed. Its Silver/No rust/less than 100,xxx miles for $2000 is this a good price oh also its got a new clutch. It will be replacing my 1990 Z24 Cavalier .

·
Registered
41,903 Posts
Good job at replacing the cavalier! $2000 sounds like a really good price for under 100k miles, new clutch, and good condition.

·
Registered
10,272 Posts
Sounds like a good price.

Is it an Ex? 2 door? Lx? Dx?

What are your plans for it?
Check it over well..and if all is good jump on it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
gurusan said:
Sounds like a good price.

Is it an Ex? 2 door? Lx? Dx?

What are your plans for it?
Check it over well..and if all is good jump on it.
well right now i don't know my uncle hasn't given me all the spec's on it

my plans i am getting the R33 kit for it no matter what going with a black/ CF and silver theme black rims,head lights,tail lights 5% rear tint 35% front thats about it for for right now and do they sale stage 3 guages where there black? for a 94 civic? also i wanna put coil overs on it what size rim should i get? i don't want really big but not to small

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
well not in the US anyway. in japan you could get a Ferio (4-door) in Vogue Silver Metallic, they're in Gran Turismo if you want to see what they look like. i've seen a few silver EG civics running around various areas, but all of them had been repainted.

LarryMartin830, sounds like you're mainly shooting for looks. i do like most of the choices you've made, the R33 kit is probably the only full kit i can stand these days on the EG civics (that, and the Blitz kit). might i suggest though that you find one that doesn't have the Black Widow rear bumper? if you get that bumper and stay with the single exhaust (dual exhaust on a civic is a bad idea), you'll get nothing but shit for that. and if you get the dual exhaust set-up, you'll get nothing but shit for that. i once saw a EG hatch with a R33 front, some kind of sides (i'm not very up on side skirts), and a Buddy Club rear valence, i thought it looked really nice.

that tint seems really dark, but it could look cool. the tail lights, may i suggest looking into the Depo ones with the black surround? those seem to be the only ones that don't have any kinds of problems with leaking and reflectors breaking off and crap. i've actually been considering those for my car for some time now.

oh and what's a stage 3 guage? i'm not sure what you mean by that.

and just in case you want some kind of a reference, check out the 4-doors thread (click in my sig!) for pics of my car, or search for me in the members gallery. i've got black rims, black headlights, black front lip, black trim, and a black rear wing. might give you an idea of what your car will look like when you're done.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
that one civic said:
well not in the US anyway. in japan you could get a Ferio (4-door) in Vogue Silver Metallic, they're in Gran Turismo if you want to see what they look like. i've seen a few silver EG civics running around various areas, but all of them had been repainted.

LarryMartin830, sounds like you're mainly shooting for looks. i do like most of the choices you've made, the R33 kit is probably the only full kit i can stand these days on the EG civics (that, and the Blitz kit). might i suggest though that you find one that doesn't have the Black Widow rear bumper? if you get that bumper and stay with the single exhaust (dual exhaust on a civic is a bad idea), you'll get nothing but shit for that. and if you get the dual exhaust set-up, you'll get nothing but shit for that. i once saw a EG hatch with a R33 front, some kind of sides (i'm not very up on side skirts), and a Buddy Club rear valence, i thought it looked really nice.

that tint seems really dark, but it could look cool. the tail lights, may i suggest looking into the Depo ones with the black surround? those seem to be the only ones that don't have any kinds of problems with leaking and reflectors breaking off and crap. i've actually been considering those for my car for some time now.

oh and what's a stage 3 guage? i'm not sure what you mean by that.

and just in case you want some kind of a reference, check out the 4-doors thread (click in my sig!) for pics of my car, or search for me in the members gallery. i've got black rims, black headlights, black front lip, black trim, and a black rear wing. might give you an idea of what your car will look like when you're done.
about the buddy club rear bumper i was going to do that i always wanted it and now i can get it :D but yeah i am going to go with the one pice head lights that are black and the rear tail lights black i'll get a pic of them soon if u don't know what they look like but you should know if u own a civic lol and stage 3 guages there black but glow blue or green i'll try and get a pic of them from another car

those are the ones i am talking about sorry there called carbon fiber guages

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
okay gotcha, those guages are cool. i know those are off a different car, but see if you can get ones that don't have "Si" or "Type-R" or anything like that on them, cause you'll get a lot of shit for that too. i don't think that any of them come with a black face, but i might be wrong about that. look around for reverse indiglo guages, you might find something there.

oh and for your rims question, don't get anything wider than 7", cause it won't fit. well it will, but you won't be able to turn! coil overs, Ground Control sleeves are still one of the best options, but Skunk 2 also has a devoted following. GC runs about $300-$350 a set depending on where you get them from, i have no idea how much the Skunk 2 are. there's a few other sleeve kits out there, but those are the two that i know about. Full coil overs, i'm not the one to talk to about because i never looked into those.

one of my friends has GC coil overs on his integra, and he really likes them. i forget which shocks he has, but it rides pretty well. thing is that he's only adjusted his height like once, and he really didn't need to do that. if you get a good set of springs, it'll be a bit cheaper, and unless you absolutely have to have the adjustability, it'll be better for you in the end than a sleeve set. i've got H&R Sports on my civic, drop was close to 1.8" or so. rides almost like stock, and handling is much, much firmer. those cost me like $150 for the set, and i've got them paired with KYB GR-II shocks, which were like $200 for the set. shocks are up to you, but if you look into springs, i'd say stay away from anything that isn't an H&R Sports. :p

anyway back to the rims, i'd say go with either a 15" or 16" rim, depending on how big you want them. 15" has been the norm for a few years now, everyone seems to be steering away from the 17" and 18" rims because they're too damn heavy (tires are also expensive as hell for those size rims). if you want aftermarket, Konig and Rota have some really good choices, it just depends on what design you want. Enkeis are also really good, but can be pretty expensive, and stay away from Motegi. if you just want rims but don't necessarily need aftermarket, you can't go wrong with a good set of GSR rims. if you can find the '96 model (six spokes with the big lug cover), those only weigh like 15.6 lbs each, making them the lightest of the GSR rims (i think the '94-'95 "Fat Fives" are next, something like 16 lbs each). GSR rims with tires for for between $250-$600, just depends on which design, and who you're getting them from. if you want an idea of what the different GSR rims look like on various civic bodies, just search through the member galleries, lots of civic guys on here rock the GSRs.

do you have any plans for the engine? stereo? neon lights even? just ask around dude, there's lots of people on here who can help you with just about anything.

·
Registered
33,541 Posts
if the car is a hatchback, i can get you a bomex body kit for half off, brand new

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
that one civic said:
okay gotcha, those guages are cool. i know those are off a different car, but see if you can get ones that don't have "Si" or "Type-R" or anything like that on them, cause you'll get a lot of shit for that too. i don't think that any of them come with a black face, but i might be wrong about that. look around for reverse indiglo guages, you might find something there.

oh and for your rims question, don't get anything wider than 7", cause it won't fit. well it will, but you won't be able to turn! coil overs, Ground Control sleeves are still one of the best options, but Skunk 2 also has a devoted following. GC runs about $300-$350 a set depending on where you get them from, i have no idea how much the Skunk 2 are. there's a few other sleeve kits out there, but those are the two that i know about. Full coil overs, i'm not the one to talk to about because i never looked into those.

one of my friends has GC coil overs on his integra, and he really likes them. i forget which shocks he has, but it rides pretty well. thing is that he's only adjusted his height like once, and he really didn't need to do that. if you get a good set of springs, it'll be a bit cheaper, and unless you absolutely have to have the adjustability, it'll be better for you in the end than a sleeve set. i've got H&R Sports on my civic, drop was close to 1.8" or so. rides almost like stock, and handling is much, much firmer. those cost me like $150 for the set, and i've got them paired with KYB GR-II shocks, which were like $200 for the set. shocks are up to you, but if you look into springs, i'd say stay away from anything that isn't an H&R Sports. :p

anyway back to the rims, i'd say go with either a 15" or 16" rim, depending on how big you want them. 15" has been the norm for a few years now, everyone seems to be steering away from the 17" and 18" rims because they're too damn heavy (tires are also expensive as hell for those size rims). if you want aftermarket, Konig and Rota have some really good choices, it just depends on what design you want. Enkeis are also really good, but can be pretty expensive, and stay away from Motegi. if you just want rims but don't necessarily need aftermarket, you can't go wrong with a good set of GSR rims. if you can find the '96 model (six spokes with the big lug cover), those only weigh like 15.6 lbs each, making them the lightest of the GSR rims (i think the '94-'95 "Fat Fives" are next, something like 16 lbs each). GSR rims with tires for for between $250-$600, just depends on which design, and who you're getting them from. if you want an idea of what the different GSR rims look like on various civic bodies, just search through the member galleries, lots of civic guys on here rock the GSRs.

do you have any plans for the engine? stereo? neon lights even? just ask around dude, there's lots of people on here who can help you with just about anything.
:eek DAMN thats alot of info what are the stock size rims for a 94 Civic "haven't got the car yet :mad " i was thinking 16" any style black rim, as for neons i am going with white neons for inside and underbody,for right now i don't know about a engine swap unless theres a 200hp engine that can be droped in with out alot of work,i mit get just springs but around here i dunno because of the damn pot holes if people on here from Pa they know what i am talking about. well those guages are for a 92-95 honda civic that don't say type R or SI. as for a stereo i dunno i have a cd player and rear speakers from my cavalier not stock i blow the front ones the day after i got them :bh thats about it

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
LarryMartin830 said:
:eek DAMN thats alot of info what are the stock size rims for a 94 Civic "haven't got the car yet :mad " i was thinking 16" any style black rim, as for neons i am going with white neons for inside and underbody,for right now i don't know about a engine swap unless theres a 200hp engine that can be droped in with out alot of work,i mit get just springs but around here i dunno because of the damn pot holes if people on here from Pa they know what i am talking about. well those guages are for a 92-95 honda civic that don't say type R or SI. as for a stereo i dunno i have a cd player and rear speakers from my cavalier not stock i blow the front ones the day after i got them :bh thats about it
hmm, stock rims size for '92-'95 civic DX (sedan, coupe, or hatch) and CX (hatch) is 13"x5.5" if i remember correctly. they're steels too, and they suck horribly. stock size for the VX (hatch) is also 13"x5.5" but they're alloys, and they're light as hell (weigh like 9 lbs each!). lots of people use those for drag racing. i had a pair once myself, but i had to sell them.

stock rims size for the LX (sedan), Si (hatch), and EX (sedan, coupe, or hatch) is 14"x6", and they're also steels. these steels are a little better than the DX ones, only because they're 14". if you do an integra brake swap, these steels will fit around the calipers, so you won't have to switch rims just for that. the bolt pattern for Civics, by the way, is 4x100 mm.

just in case you're wondering, i've got the stock rims from the '96-'00 civic HX on my '95 sedan. they're also 14"x6", but like the VX rims, they're light as hell (these weigh like ll.75 lbs each), which helps out on acceleration. problem is that these rims won't fit around integra brakes without some modification, so i'm kind of stuck there. otherwise i'm really happy with these rims, i paid like $250 for the set i think.

white neon sounds like a good idea if you go with that. seems like everyone has red, blue, or green these days, not many people go with the white. i'd suggest though, that you look into getting LED kits, because those are more durable than neon kits. myself, i've got blue LED tubes under the dash and under the seats, and they light up the entire interior of the car! LED tubes are a bit more expensive than neon tubes, but i think it's worth it in the end.

stereo wise, stock civic speaker size is 6.5" coaxial front and rear for everything except the EX and Si models. i'm not sure what the EX and Si run, but they do have seperates up front. the factory battery is also way underpowered for a good system, if you plan on adding a big amp or anything, i'd suggest upgrading to an Optima yellow top before you do so, or you might find yourself with a dead battery like i did.

if you're looking into fog lights, most people go with the OEM style. those are like $75 shipped all over eBay. personally i like Raybrigs and CATZ better though, so i go with those. if you can find a set of Raybrig R1000s, those are the best compact halogen foglights available, but they're pretty expensive. i ran a set for a long time, but had to toss them because one lens got busted, and the other one had a nice fungal growth thanks to a leaky seal that i didn't catch in time. i'm still looking for a replacement set, but for right now i'm running an old set of CATZ MSX. if you can't find Raybrigs, i'd definitely recommend going with CATZ. lots of people might tell you that PIAA is better, but i don't have very many good experiences with their products. either way you go, don't just go to Pepboys and grab a cheap $50 set, you'll regret it.

keeping with lights, if you're looking into hyperwhite headlights and stuff, Sylvannia Cool Blues are really good, but the Silverstars are better. they're expensive as hell though, $20-$25 EACH, so be mindful of that. you won't find a better bulb on the market though.

hey is that one of the old rear drive cavs? those can be made into pretty good sleepers if you have (or swap!) the old Z24 motor.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts