Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oh my God!!!!!!

You all have to do this. I have never had so much fun. I competed in the Dixie Region Solo II STS class. I took some pics, but I have to get them scanned and then I'll post them. I impressed myself, I did a lot better than I thought I would.

· Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
CivicSiRacer, what suspension modifications do you have? I thought the Si was a fairly stiffly sprung stock car, and it is, but when I got out on the track I realized it needed to be much more stiff.

· Registered
1,833 Posts
Supamatt said:
CivicSiRacer, what suspension modifications do you have? I thought the Si was a fairly stiffly sprung stock car, and it is, but when I got out on the track I realized it needed to be much more stiff.
Well in most cases I would tell you not to change anything and just worry about seat time. You will go faster with more seat time and spending the money on a good Evolution School than spending the money on shocks and springs.

I'm running custom rate Ground Controls (350f/400r) with Koni Yellows, stock OEM sway bars, Neuspeed rear upper and lower strut bars. I'm dropped about 2.25" and set the shocks to one full turn for autocross.

· Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks a lot! I know seat time would benefit me the most, I am hooked since I went out (just like I knew I would be). The Dixie region SCCA is providing a novice drivers school next month, I am already signed up.

· Registered
1,170 Posts
good job. What were the average times over there? What'd you get?

· Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Average time in my class was about 37.5 seconds, I got around 38 on my best run. I'm not exactly sure, I didn't write down any times. They will be posted on the website, so I didn't bother. All I know is I got 3rd place, I remember finding that out, but exact times should be posted soon.

· Registered
1,833 Posts
zreuan said:
CivicSiRacer may I ask why you are running softer springs in the front. All the springs I have installed have bean a higher rate in the front than the rear to compinsate for the extra weight.
It causes the car to be more neutral instead of understeering.

The springs are higher rates on the fronts and rear. About 3x stiffer than OEM springs.

· Registered
57 Posts
in autocrossing , what would be a good settings for camber/caster/toe???

my SiR understeers (but not much), i'd like to try change the rear stabilizer bar, but before that, i'd like see if their is improvement with the proper allignment settings...

i have neuspeed springs (green) w/ bilstein yellow, a bit stiff but comfortable...

· Registered
1,833 Posts
alien said:
in autocrossing , what would be a good settings for camber/caster/toe???

my SiR understeers (but not much), i'd like to try change the rear stabilizer bar, but before that, i'd like see if their is improvement with the proper allignment settings...

i have neuspeed springs (green) w/ bilstein yellow, a bit stiff but comfortable...
I actually use air pressures to dial-in neutral handling. I set my air pressures 40/36 adding or subtracting air pressures from the rear tires to get more/less neutral.

· Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
solo-x said:
ah, yet another child enters the autocross folds. how did you like the potenzas???

civicsiracer, how's the ride with the 400lb springs in the rear??

I love the Potenza's.

They posted my times on the website, check it out:
http://www.dixiescca.com/2002results/mar2002.htm

I was running in the STS class.

The beetle in my class was CRAZY!! That guy could drive. He had a really nice suspension setup.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.