Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had 38 runs lol.

Mods:

H22a DOHC -VTEC(JDM)h22a tranny (none-LSD)
Aem v2 Customed.
Skunk2(1?) TB
Skunk 2 cams
DC headers
Greddy full catback system ( no catalyc, no res. )
TypeR 10.2 Spark wires, NGK spark plugs.
A.C.T Stage 2 Street/Drag Clutch/ Pressure plated.
A.C.T 8lb Flywheel.
Changed MAster Cylinder.
Custom Bucket seats, Stripped interior
Dyno Tuned.

Did a track 4door, record.

BAD ET, but shit load of wheel hop, since no LSD.

REACTION: 0.018
I1 :.0000
I2 : 7.683
I3 : 11.915
MPH (I3) : 61.036
I4 : 15.268

E.T. : 18.312
MPH : 76.445 -------------> My Firts time at the Track/And firts run

2nd Best:

Reaction: .588 (No lunch)
I1 : 2.489
I2 : 6.855
I3 : 9.088
MPH (I3): 71.380
I4 : 13.059

E.T : 16.035
M.P.H : 85.759

1st: Engine Cooled. 104 octane Racing gas.

Raction: .298
I1 : 2.327
I2 : 6.428
I3 : 9.753
MPH : 12.538

E.T : 15.007
Mph : 94.559

LACR.Track http://www.lacr.net/week.html Palmdale 97F.

To Get my Actually E.T /MPH OPen a Calculater
Altitude Correction
LACR is 2,710 ft. above sea level.
To figure the altitude factor the formula is as follows:
ET: multiply your et (at LACR) by .97
MPH: multiply your mph (at LACR) by 1.03
This will give you the ET & MPH at sea level.

If your to lazy, i went and did fgor your guys.

Best time E/t /Mph

LACR E.T : 15.007 Sea lvl E.T Which is Los Angeles. is : 14.556
LACR MPH : 94.559 SEA lvl E.T Which is Los Angeles. is : 97.395

Fully gutted Accord, no spare tire, no carpets, no sterio no A/c no door pannels Stillies. ETC. Comments are welcome.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Every time I see one of these threads, I think to myself that the ET is going to be horrible because of the 60' and I'm always right. Spend some money and practice dropping the 60' below 2.0, solid ETs are made in the first 60 feet.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LoPeY said:
Every time I see one of these threads, I think to myself that the ET is going to be horrible because of the 60' and I'm always right. Spend some money and practice dropping the 60' below 2.0, solid ETs are made in the first 60 feet.

I understand Lopey, but i am going to spend some money, lol just saveing cash for the quife LSD. Now if i had an LSD? and did a good lunch dont you think my 60' will improve. Thnx for the comment tho. Because i got walked by k20 TypeR powered civic hatches all day. Boy there vtec was loud. I just ordered the rear and front strut bars. Did i also mentioned that I was on a Tokicko blues wrapped with eibucks(? SP) lol i just woke up :D

Any idea of how i can improve on the 60' with out the LSD. I might consider throwing a short shifter.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
LoPeY said:

BTW, how do u calculate the 60' on sea lvl. Because LACR didnt mention about the 60' formula. only the ET/MPH. If theres a formula then i think im close to 2.1 60' or on 2.0' Because i barly took a bone stock srt-4. ( or thought!!!!?)

·
Registered
371 Posts
A short shifter won't have any effect on your 60's. Sticky tires will help a lot as will a LSD since I'm sure your launches are somewhat peg legged right now. Also work on your driving skills and give your tires a real quick half second spin to get them warm and clean them off.

Altitude doesn't play nearly as much of a roll in the 60' as it does the ET and trap speed. 60' is about traction initially much more so than power. Put a 1000rwhp Camaro on all-season tires against my car on ET Streets and I will always out 60' it. Take that same car and build up the suspension and put sticky tires on it and he'll be looking at the sky while I'm watching his tail lights out of the hole.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
LoPeY said:
A short shifter won't have any effect on your 60's. Sticky tires will help a lot as will a LSD since I'm sure your launches are somewhat peg legged right now. Also work on your driving skills and give your tires a real quick half second spin to get them warm and clean them off.

Altitude doesn't play nearly as much of a roll in the 60' as it does the ET and trap speed. 60' is about traction initially much more so than power. Put a 1000rwhp Camaro on all-season tires against my car on ET Streets and I will always out 60' it. Take that same car and build up the suspension and put sticky tires on it and he'll be looking at the sky while I'm watching his tail lights out of the hole.

Yes i do bug out of the hole. LSD with some decent stickes will do. Im on a nice suspension set up. 14.5 isnt bad for a N/a Accord 4dr is it? that weigths roughly 2788lbs(?) gutted tho. Plus the track is so sticky that i just spin and the guy next to me is at half way mark. Do u know a best way to lunch?? I tried 2k/2,5k/3k still hops and alot of wheel buging. i try 4-5k lunch ( i know i know its so OWNEING MY clutch) and it works but its just stays there and spins lol. I know im noob to da drag racing. But i have been driveing stick and i am driver for 6 years. I took my DMV test in a stick ford focus.

·
Registered
371 Posts
revzro8th said:
Yes i do bug out of the hole. LSD with some decent stickes will do. Im on a nice suspension set up. 14.5 isnt bad for a N/a Accord 4dr is it? that weigths roughly 2788lbs(?) gutted tho. Plus the track is so sticky that i just spin and the guy next to me is at half way mark. Do u know a best way to lunch?? I tried 2k/2,5k/3k still hops and alot of wheel buging. i try 4-5k lunch ( i know i know its so OWNEING MY clutch) and it works but its just stays there and spins lol. I know im noob to da drag racing. But i have been driveing stick and i am driver for 6 years. I took my DMV test in a stick ford focus.
If you're getting wheel hop, you still don't have the needed suspension and tire combo to fix that. As for the launch, you're just going to have to practice since it's different for every car. I hold my rpms at 4k when I stage then I go WOT to 6k and dump the clutch, this obviously won't work for you so you just need to practice.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
LoPeY said:
If you're getting wheel hop, you still don't have the needed suspension and tire combo to fix that. As for the launch, you're just going to have to practice since it's different for every car. I hold my rpms at 4k when I stage then I go WOT to 6k and dump the clutch, this obviously won't work for you so you just need to practice.

Lol thats where your wrong. Dont get me wrong. This is a swapped Engine. I kn ow what your saying, i totally understand your. But i get full nice lunch after 4.5. i did 6 k lunch and ended up spining into second. 7.5 redline. and im on a A.C.T stage 2 street/drag pressure plated clutch and flywheel.

·
Registered
371 Posts
revzro8th said:
Lol thats where your wrong. Dont get me wrong. This is a swapped Engine. I kn ow what your saying, i totally understand your. But i get full nice lunch after 4.5. i did 6 k lunch and ended up spining into second. 7.5 redline. and im on a A.C.T stage 2 street/drag pressure plated clutch and flywheel.
You're very confused. Everything I said is correct.

·
Registered
371 Posts
revzro8th said:
LOL im not cunfused... thnx for trying tho.
So tell me what I said that is wrong...in English.

·
Registered
7,299 Posts
revzro8th said:
I had 38 runs lol.

Mods:

H22a DOHC -VTEC(JDM)h22a tranny (none-LSD)
Aem v2 Customed.
Skunk2(1?) TB
Skunk 2 cams
DC headers
Greddy full catback system ( no catalyc, no res. )
TypeR 10.2 Spark wires, NGK spark plugs.
A.C.T Stage 2 Street/Drag Clutch/ Pressure plated.
A.C.T 8lb Flywheel.
Changed MAster Cylinder.
Custom Bucket seats, Stripped interior
Dyno Tuned.

Did a track 4door, record.

BAD ET, but shit load of wheel hop, since no LSD.

REACTION: 0.018
I1 :.0000
I2 : 7.683
I3 : 11.915
MPH (I3) : 61.036
I4 : 15.268

E.T. : 18.312
MPH : 76.445 -------------> My Firts time at the Track/And firts run

2nd Best:

Reaction: .588 (No lunch)
I1 : 2.489
I2 : 6.855
I3 : 9.088
MPH (I3): 71.380
I4 : 13.059

E.T : 16.035
M.P.H : 85.759

1st: Engine Cooled. 104 octane Racing gas.

Raction: .298
I1 : 2.327
I2 : 6.428
I3 : 9.753
MPH : 12.538

E.T : 15.007
Mph : 94.559

LACR.Track http://www.lacr.net/week.html Palmdale 97F.

To Get my Actually E.T /MPH OPen a Calculater
Altitude Correction
LACR is 2,710 ft. above sea level.
To figure the altitude factor the formula is as follows:
ET: multiply your et (at LACR) by .97
MPH: multiply your mph (at LACR) by 1.03
This will give you the ET & MPH at sea level.

If your to lazy, i went and did fgor your guys.

Best time E/t /Mph

LACR E.T : 15.007 Sea lvl E.T Which is Los Angeles. is : 14.556
LACR MPH : 94.559 SEA lvl E.T Which is Los Angeles. is : 97.395

Fully gutted Accord, no spare tire, no carpets, no sterio no A/c no door pannels Stillies. ETC. Comments are welcome.
so your in palmdale. thats where i need to go, i f i wanted to go the track. im in Ridgecrest Ca. about 45-1hr to there. im going to try to go sometime next month. im tryin to get this nitrous straight 1st.

·
Registered
252 Posts
revzro8th said:

yes oh enlightened one, elaborate as to how he is wrong. he told you how he launches HIS car. i doubt he would be wrong on that one. and just because you have shocks/springs etc. doesn't mean you have the right susp setup for the 1320.

·
Registered
371 Posts
revzro8th said:
LOL, nothing said wrong in english what ever your told me was already stored in my head.
You're making my head hurt.

twDC2 said:
yes oh enlightened one, elaborate as to how he is wrong. he told you how he launches HIS car. i doubt he would be wrong on that one. and just because you have shocks/springs etc. doesn't mean you have the right susp setup for the 1320.
:clap

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I never said i had the ultimate setup for 1/4 aka (1320feet). I just knew all the thinks he told me. I just installed my traction bars, got some strut bars up and lower tower struts, tie bar. Dont hate cuz ima mini 4 banger :( lol no hard feelings fellas.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
LoPeY said:
I hold my rpms at 4k when I stage then I go WOT to 6k and dump the clutch, this obviously won't work for you so you just need to practice.

that what i do, aslo nething below that u wheel hop and bug. i dumb the clutch near 5-6 k. spin all threw 2nd till 7.8rpm. Of course i need a short shifter, because i got so much shift lag on its stock pole of a stick shift lol. :byye

·
Registered
252 Posts
no hard feelings....correct. but i'm a fan of the 4's too. its not time for me to have a large engine yet.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
twDC2 said:
no hard feelings....correct. but i'm a fan of the 4's too. its not time for me to have a large engine yet.

Im making the whole front end and back end as light as possiable. Ima boost this once my forged pistons arrive. I still not sure management to use. hondata or e-manage. hmm..

·
Registered
252 Posts
revzro8th said:
Im making the whole front end and back end as light as possiable. Ima boost this once my forged pistons arrive. I still not sure management to use. hondata or e-manage. hmm..
see now thats an easy one....hondata ALLLLLLLL the way....s200/300. s300 is as much as emanage and much more powerful :clap then have lots of fun relearning the car and trimmin the 60's back down :D

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.