Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
they did not have any hondas beyond a 1992. I have a 2000 DX 4-door automatic. is there anything at all I can salvage from a pre 1990 civic?

also, what years and models have the d16y8 engine?

·
Registered
11,248 Posts
terboracer said:
they did not have any hondas beyond a 1992. I have a 2000 DX 4-door automatic. is there anything at all I can salvage from a pre 1990 civic?
I really don't think so.
This information is available in the forum stickies and faqs.

·
Registered
10,384 Posts
nothing you would want

read up on information before just posting it up, this info can be found easy, as kommon_sense said, in the stickyies, probably in more than 1 forum on this board...

but in any case its the 96-00 civic EX

·
Registered
471 Posts
terboracer said:

A z6; intake manifold, head, exhuast manifold, rear disc brakes. 88-92 injectors.

·
Registered
11,248 Posts

·
Registered
7,625 Posts
terboracer said:
The real question is: is there anything on your 2000 DX sedan that can be salvaged??? :D

What you ought to be looking for is a complete top end (head, manifold, t/b, injectors) from an automatic D16Y8, along with a 99-00 automatic Y8 ecu, and knock sensor. That will be a really easy swap to do. Just add 4 wires: knock, VTEC solenoid, VTEC pressure, and PTEC pressure ground.

·
Registered
624 Posts
klungemonger said:
The real question is: is there anything on your 2000 DX sedan that can be salvaged??? :D
:hehe

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
klungemonger said:

What you ought to be looking for is a complete top end (head, manifold, t/b, injectors) from an automatic D16Y8, along with a 99-00 automatic Y8 ecu, and knock sensor. That will be a really easy swap to do. Just add 4 wires: knock, VTEC solenoid, VTEC pressure, and PTEC pressure ground.
I was there looking for precisely those things, however as I said there were none beyond a 92. I will probably have to try a different yard.

·
Registered
632 Posts
LMAO, hahahahaha!! kommon u always got me crackin up @ your common scence.
your awesome man, haahahah

kommon_sense said:
what pre-90 civic came with a z6?

why would he want a carb or a dpfi manifold?

why would he want a 15yr old head?

what exhaust manifold will work with his current cat setup in his dx/y7?

such old calipers would need a rebuild and 99% sure they won't bolt up on a 92-00 chassis

why?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts