Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

· Registered
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright guys since getting the lude ive been anxious to c what kind of time i would run. well i went up to the track yesterday 10/1 and had some fun my best run in my 97 sh lude(aem cai) with 70k on it was a 15.63 at 92 mph. What do u guys think of this time?( this track is known to be a slower track about .2 slower then the other tracks around here) o by the way i made my friends 1995 mustang gt ( intake,flow masters) eat my dust.. im so happy. o one more things do u guys feel bad when u put ure car through that kind of stress... i dunno i ran 5 runs is this damaging my car? im just wondering.
:D

· Registered
1,402 Posts
I went to the drags on Sunday and burnt my clutch on the first run :( weak little stock clutch just couldn't handling the extra power.

· Registered
814 Posts
prelude97sh said:
alright guys since getting the lude ive been anxious to c what kind of time i would run. well i went up to the track yesterday 10/1 and had some fun my best run in my 97 sh lude(aem cai) with 70k on it was a 15.63 at 92 mph. What do u guys think of this time?( this track is known to be a slower track about .2 slower then the other tracks around here) o by the way i made my friends 1995 mustang gt ( intake,flow masters) eat my dust.. im so happy. o one more things do u guys feel bad when u put ure car through that kind of stress... i dunno i ran 5 runs is this damaging my car? im just wondering.
stop worrying about breaking your car after 5 runs... i make about 5-8 passes weekly, every week... and ive been doing it for over 4 years... my prelude is running faster than ever...

and about your times, they are excellent... most prelude sh's i see at the track are all running mid 16's...

· Registered
1,018 Posts
wow that is excellent at 92 mph that is kinda fast for stock, is that all the mods you have on it...you don't have like a superchip or something in it.

i think some automags got 91 mph, 92mph is somewhat of a big difference.

wow so my SH with N1, springs and intake and new plugs should be doing the same and I got 43,000 miles...

jay

· Registered
4,850 Posts
prelude97sh said:
o by the way i made my friends 1995 mustang gt ( intake,flow masters) eat my dust.. im so happy.
lol.. i feel ya, i fuckin hate mustangs, actually i hate anythin ford makes... i beat one the other day, though it was on the street :p

· Registered
12,727 Posts
Re: Re: Went to the track .. what fun

neldogg said:
lol.. i feel ya, i fuckin hate mustangs, actually i hate anythin ford makes... i beat one the other day, though it was on the street :p
actually the new mustang cobra....from the outside and back...all I could see....looks very very tight....!!!!!

I saw a lowered one with rims and the back looks like this

390HP for 33K and a 13.3 1/4 mile stock is an awsome deal. I really like the new look....especially lowered with sweet rims.

Its also getting more and more sleek as the years pass.

Kinda similar to a prelude body style....not there yet but getting closer:)

· Registered
48 Posts
Re: Re: Went to the track .. what fun

neldogg said:
Did he know you were racing? No need to hate something because it's faster than you. I just ran a slow [email protected] in my stock motored Mustang in the summer heat. If you want to brag about beating Mustangs, make sure its not the econo-version, please.

BTW, the new '03 Cobra run low-12s at 112-115+ stock and dyno about 360-380RWHP. That's well over 400 crank HP. The slow 13.3 time you quoted must have been some stupid magazine time. We all know how accurate those are. If you want real world STOCK times for the new Cobra, roll on over to www.corral.net.

· Registered
48 Posts
Now that I'm thinking about it, I've never heard of any V8 Mustang made in the past 15 years run slower than your 15.6. My first car was a '95 Mustang GT AUTOMATIC and ran 15.1 stock. I eventually got it down to [email protected] with bolt-ons and a torque converter. Your buddies GT sounds out of tune. Tell him to check his plugs/wires and to clean his MAF sensor if its dirty. Maybe he has an automatic convertible? :(

· Registered
936 Posts
prelude97sh said:
I thought that the sh's should hit low 15's. I know your car is a lil heavier than, but you also have 40 more hp than mine and i got a 15.6 stock. what was you 60-ft time?

· Registered
194 Posts
you hate everything that ford makes huh? did some FOCUS beat the hell out of you on the street or something, or was it on the track, maybe its the 100 years of automobile production that has you pissed or maybe the top selling cars in the country, or even the fact that somewhere somehow a real mustang crept up on you and left a steaming pile of crap on your shoe, brand new payless, and then galloped away. whatever it is dont be jealous, someday americas largest utility vehicle may just creep up on you and leave treadmarks on your face!! f&f 00

i dont know much about the preludes but with around 220hp on tap mid 16's is horrible and 92 mph should be good for mid hi 14's

· Registered
12,727 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Went to the track .. what fun

Ryan L said:
Did he know you were racing? No need to hate something because it's faster than you. I just ran a slow [email protected] in my stock motored Mustang in the summer heat. If you want to brag about beating Mustangs, make sure its not the econo-version, please.

BTW, the new '03 Cobra run low-12s at 112-115+ stock and dyno about 360-380RWHP. That's well over 400 crank HP. The slow 13.3 time you quoted must have been some stupid magazine time. We all know how accurate those are. If you want real world STOCK times for the new Cobra, roll on over to www.corral.net.
I just took the time off an internet site...car and driver or something did the test. Thats a lot of HP.....granted my dream car is still a Z06(might be able to afford)...and an s2000 for reality(cost).

· Registered
936 Posts
whatsnaws? said:
you hate everything that ford makes huh? did some FOCUS beat the hell out of you on the street or something, or was it on the track, maybe its the 100 years of automobile production that has you pissed or maybe the top selling cars in the country, or even the fact that somewhere somehow a real mustang crept up on you and left a steaming pile of crap on your shoe, brand new payless, and then galloped away. whatever it is dont be jealous, someday americas largest utility vehicle may just creep up on you and leave treadmarks on your face!! f&f 00

i dont know much about the preludes but with around 220hp on tap mid 16's is horrible and 92 mph should be good for mid hi 14's
Sorry but to me fords are wack. the mustangs are weak. I don't even consider them muscle cars unless were talkin bout the new supercharged one. But even that is kinda weak. wow there at high 12's with a supercharger:sleep: supercharge a camaro SS and see what times u come up with. I bet it's faster then the stang. Also the prelude has 200hp unless your talkin bout the jdm type-S.

· Registered
12,727 Posts
put it this way guys. I like cars in general...I like styling. my next car after my prelude...whether its 2-5 years from now will have styling, handling, and speed. the prelude is what I could afford, has GREAT style and is pretty quick for the money.

as I become older and get a real job.....1-2 years from now. I think I might buy an S2000 for its sapurb styling, handling, and cost.

I have yet to sit in a new cobra though. I do know the older mustang GT's...02's are quick, but feel really cheap and plasticy, not to mention the handle like a grandma car.

· Registered
4,850 Posts
whatsnaws? said:

personally, i admire how far along ford has come, but i think if ol henry were alive today he'd shit himself.. they're pretty much timed to break, and like someone said earlier plasticky.... great wc.. more power too ya big guy, america needs more people like you to strengthen our economy... but my pockets are only so deep, and i can't buy replacement parts every other week

· Registered
48 Posts
flip1199 said:
I don't even consider them muscle cars unless were talkin bout the new supercharged one. But even that is kinda weak. wow there at high 12's with a supercharger:sleep: supercharge a camaro SS and see what times u come up with. I bet it's faster then the stang
The Camaro gets disqualified on looks alone! Rolling catfish anyone? Ask yourself this, will that supercharged Camaro come from the factory with forged internals? How about a factory warranty? Does your power adder car have a factory wanrraty? These new Cobras come from the factory with a block as strong as everyone's favorite turbo Supras and are by far the best bang for the buck performance car that's out. A factory Cobra can push its chunky 3600lbs. butt through the 1/4-mile in the 12s. How is that not impressive? :rolleyes: Damn.... forged internals, 6-speed, 13" Brembos, Bilstiens shocks and struts, agressive gearing... and all with a full warranty. Not to mention the AWESOME LOOKS!!! :D Where can I sign up?

Also, I don't think there's been any muscle cars in production for 30 years. Mustangs and Camaros are considered Pony cars which are affordable high performance American cars. My interior may not be as nice as a European car, but it sure will be a hell of a lot quicker than one for half the price. Its ok though, you can putt around with your bumble bee exhaust and brag to your friends how you had to strip out 1000lbs in order to break the 13s. :confused:

· Registered
48 Posts
neldogg said:
they're pretty much timed to break, and like someone said earlier plasticky.... great wc.. more power too ya big guy, america needs more people like you to strengthen our economy... but my pockets are only so deep, and i can't buy replacement parts every other week

Timed to break? Sometimes I wonder if people still think its the 1980s. When was the last time you saw a broke down Mustang on the side of the road? I don't think I've seen one. I don't think I've seen any newer cars broken down, even Daewoos or Kias! At least we never have to worry about our timing CHAINS from ever breaking! :D

· Registered
4,607 Posts
i saw one broken down yesterday...muahhahahahah:D

a black 99' gt. lots of steam and some fluid coming from under the hood. i honestly think either the radiator or its hose broke by itself or some debris got up in there and did the job.

· Registered
12,727 Posts
Ryan L said:
Timed to break? Sometimes I wonder if people still think its the 1980s. When was the last time you saw a broke down Mustang on the side of the road? I don't think I've seen one. I don't think I've seen any newer cars broken down, even Daewoos or Kias! At least we never have to worry about our timing CHAINS from ever breaking! :D
don't worry about the other people on this board. they are very ANTI domestic. I like domestics a lot. Just I base my likes on styling and interior as well. Gauges are a big thing for me as I am staring at them all the time. so good looking gauges is important to me. Also handling is WAY up there for my wants. a prelude is great for handling and I have driven PLENTY ford mustang GT's. not a cobra but the 02 mustang GT's....they are a lot faster than my prelude...no doubt...but they don't compare to the refinement, nor does it look as nice inside.....the mustang feels like I am driving a boat...likes to wonder on corners with some bumps.....it doesn't glide over bumps, but more or less jumps them. The car doesn't feel like it drives as one....but feels like the body is seperate from the wheels. I like my prelude a lot cause its solid, and turns when I want it to.....then again I have soo many suspension mods I don't know what to think anymore....and nice big 13" rotors with my Baer brake kit:)

anyway...a cobra looks good from the outside....front could use a little more work:) but if the inside is great...and the car handles good as a whole. I would definitly consider buying one.

· Registered
12,727 Posts
jmcn R said:
i saw one broken down yesterday...muahhahahahah:D

a black 99' gt. lots of steam and some fluid coming from under the hood. i honestly think either the radiator or its hose broke by itself or some debris got up in there and did the job.
I heard of 70% of the turbo preludes on this board alone..breaking down, or blowing up. I also heard ludeaction blowing his engine up.....and maedlang who lives right by me blew his prelude engine up.

In fact..I have heard of a lot more PRELUDE/Honda engines blowing up...shit even IMPORT engines blowing up, rather than domestics.

I don't understand where you people get your facts....let alone all the SS ludes out there going through trannies??? :confused:

my car has been brought into the shop 3-4 times on burnt light bulb...an alternator went out on me...all covered under warrenty. but still its a problem.

so everyone....do a search.,....and don't say quality on domestics are bad. as I recal JP morgan did a research study on quality...and last year the #1 car was a vette Z06....which BEAT the famous 911 turbo...in QUALITY.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.