Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered a double din clarion head unit that puts out 50x4. I also have a kenwood 600w amp that will power 2 12" pioneer IMPPs (the old ones when they were good)

Ive heard good things about infinity reference.
Im a broke college student and want the best bang for the buck!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Infinitys are nice, so aren't the Alpine Type S (I would normally recommend Type R but since you are "broke" the S sound nice for their price) also the Polk dB Series sound nice also...

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
BB6LovR said:
I just ordered a double din clarion head unit that puts out 50x4. I also have a kenwood 600w amp that will power 2 12" pioneer IMPPs (the old ones when they were good)

lol, you probably got the same Kenwood 729s amp and pioneer IMPP subs that I got for my first system. Anyhow I also reccommend the type s speakers. They are pretty decent for the price

·
Registered
231 Posts
BB6LovR said:

the reference speakers are pretty decent for under $100. you might want to spend a bit more and get some JL Audio VR speakers. www.woofersetc.com

·
Registered
222 Posts
go with focal polyflex from www.woofersetc.com

they run 159.99 for 2 6 1/2 and 2 tweets along w/ crossovers..

as for the 6x9....fawk the 6x9's...get another set of the focal poly flex 6 1/2 system and get the 6x9 to 6 1/2 + tweeter adapter from cruchtfield for like 15 bucks

1 system of focal polyflex: 159.99
1 system of focal polyflex: 159.99
adapter: 14.99
TOTAL ---------

334.97 + s&h

and your shit will sound straight;)

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
I will NEVER suggest ANY 6x9s to ANYONE, period. First of all they suck, plain and simple. Secondly, rear fill is not necessary. Invest the money in a GOOD set of components up front and an amp for them. An EQ isn't a bad bet either.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts