Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i don't know where you guys get gas but in california... they changed the octane levels from 92 to 91... is 91 octane ok to run with the ZEX nitrous kit?

·
Registered
4,212 Posts
Well im no nitrous expert but im a nitrous user, but i know that i was told to never use under 92 octane. But i know alot of people live in Cali are on here. They may help you with locating places with 92 octane.

I, my self, would not put in 91 octane. I mix it up with racing fuel when i use the nitrous just to be extra safe, and cause i love the smell of the leaded fuel burning!:)

·
Registered
303 Posts
I'm no expret on NOS but If you just go and
buy a octane booster for each tank you
should be ok. There are a few good cheap
brands out there that add like 6 pts.
of octane. Just my 2 cents. :vpleased:

·
Registered
20,271 Posts
davie said:
i noticed everybody says 92+ octane should be used, but can 1 point lower (91) cause detonation?
i been using 91 octane so far. nothings been going wrong but as long as u dont use lower then 91 then it should be fine.

·
Registered
37 Posts
you shouldn't hve any prob's with 91 octane. that's also the highest we have here in tucson. just retard your timing 2 degrees and you'll be fine. i run 91 on the street with 100shot and 12 degrees timing and stock timing with 107 octane (UNLEADED) at the track. good luck

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.