Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
PLFDstreetracer said:
has anyone bought the cheap strut tower bars and like tie bars off of ebay...if so how waz it like....any suggestions
personally, the only thing i would EVER consider buying that was a generic product would be something cosmetic. i would NEVER buy an performance product unless it was a high quality name brand product ;)

don't do it man....you'll regret it...

ghost

·
Registered
7,625 Posts
Most strut tower bars are the same design, you are paying for the logo on the brand name ones. They work OK but all the usual ones aren't as good as Neuspeed or Sprint strut braces. Those are best because they are solid bars, no hinged joints which allow the towers to flex up/down and only prevent inward movement of the towers. Shop around, the Neuspeed bars can be had for maybe $90. In a pinch though, if you want a mod and only have $30 or something...try it.

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
klungemonger said:
Most strut tower bars are the same design, you are paying for the logo on the brand name ones.
not necessarily ;) it's all in how much time and effort goes into MAKING the bars and what materials they use to make them....

ghost

·
Registered
7,625 Posts
I agree, materials makes a difference, but probably all of them use aluminum bar with steel brackets. I like the neuspeed since it's just steel tubing with welds, no hinge joints. And anyways, I'd hardly call a strut bar a "performance" enhancer that requires lots of R&D time to get right. I agree with you most of the time about the development spent by the big names, but in this case... Most people will never notice the difference after they put it on.

·
Registered
7,625 Posts
importsolja said:
you get what you pay for
That quote needs to be rephrased for use in the auto industry. It should say:

"You NEVER get MORE than what you pay for, but you don't always get what you pay for."

If you buy something for cheap, that's what you are getting. But it's incorrect to assume that because you pay alot you are getting alot or getting great quality. Depending on brand I will say it increases your chances of getting good stuff, but there's no guarantees.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.