Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mine is a custom turbo set-up. Going in sometime this spring.

Jason

·
Registered
150 Posts
hey , how is the crv's treating you guys?.
my crx got hit , and I have always been intrested in a crv. maybe this is a sign. anyways how much insure you guys pay and what the mpg like. I want the awd 4x4 one. anything you guys dont like about yor rides?.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I love it. The insurance isn't too much, not sure off hand though. I have an 4WD one and I get 22-25 city and 27-30 highway. Lots of parts are made for it surprisingly. I like modding something no one else has.

Jason

·
Registered
150 Posts
the more I look into it, the more I want a Crv. thinking about buying a supercharger for my B18a now so I could use it in my B20 later.:D

·
Registered
14 Posts
My wife always bugged me that she wanted a RAV4 so I introduced her to the CRV. Now she is in love. She is saving and I researching with her on what we can do to it once we get it.

I think she just wants rims and a nice stereo.

·
Registered
150 Posts
man i was doing some searching and found out that the crv is not made for off roading, as the 4wd axle are the size of a marker
and the gears are not low enough, meaning that if I were to take it off roading, I would get stuck.
I really like the looks of the crv, and the reliablity of honda engines, this should be enough to convinve me to buy it, same reason i bought a crx hf.
I was hoping to take it camping in the summer and snowbarding in the winter.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Tong said:
man i was doing some searching and found out that the crv is not made for off roading, as the 4wd axle are the size of a marker
and the gears are not low enough, meaning that if I were to take it off roading, I would get stuck.
I really like the looks of the crv, and the reliablity of honda engines, this should be enough to convinve me to buy it, same reason i bought a crx hf.
I was hoping to take it camping in the summer and snowbarding in the winter.
You heard right; the CRV isnt really a 4wd vehicle its an AWD vehicle. I take mine snow boarding all the time, but Im not trying to do any mudding or mountain climbing with it. If you want something more rugged with the same reliability, then get a Passport or a Acura SLX

·
Registered
118 Posts
Maybe I can talk my wife into adding an intake? They are soo slow, but all she wanted was a reliable fuel efficient spacious car -- which is what she has.

·
Registered
256 Posts
f23inertia said:
Maybe I can talk my wife into adding an intake? They are soo slow, but all she wanted was a reliable fuel efficient spacious car -- which is what she has.
An intake will do nothing for the CRV. The problem with the CRV is that it has alot of potential but has been retrained. I added an intake and took it off after a day. It made the car really loud and didnt do anything for power; seemed to make it worse like it was running lean. The problem with the stock engine is that the exhaust is very restrictive, the injectors are low output and dont have alot of fuel pressure, and the induction system is restrictive. You can increase the induction all you want, but if you cant get that air back out as fast, then you end up with a traffic jam at the exhaust. Your best bet for bolt ons is to change out the induction, the fuel delivery and the exhaust. Unless you do all of these at the same time, your not going to get any results.

·
Registered
118 Posts
promotion said:

An intake will do nothing for the CRV. The problem with the CRV is that it has alot of potential but has been retrained. I added an intake and took it off after a day. It made the car really loud and didnt do anything for power; seemed to make it worse like it was running lean. The problem with the stock engine is that the exhaust is very restrictive, the injectors are low output and dont have alot of fuel pressure, and the induction system is restrictive. You can increase the induction all you want, but if you cant get that air back out as fast, then you end up with a traffic jam at the exhaust. Your best bet for bolt ons is to change out the induction, the fuel delivery and the exhaust. Unless you do all of these at the same time, your not going to get any results.
Thank you for the input. What she is drawn to is those 'indiglow' Honda emblems. I am jealous JR makes a supercharger for her car and not mine! Such is life.:D

·
Registered
256 Posts
f23inertia said:

Thank you for the input. What she is drawn to is those 'indiglow' Honda emblems. I am jealous JR makes a supercharger for her car and not mine! Such is life.:D
Ugh, really, just my opinion but I think those are pretty rice, but I guess to each their own.

You could go turbo for your car though

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
promotion said:

You heard right; the CRV isnt really a 4wd vehicle its an AWD vehicle. I take mine snow boarding all the time, but Im not trying to do any mudding or mountain climbing with it. If you want something more rugged with the same reliability, then get a Passport or a Acura SLX
Guess what? The Passport is made by Isuzu so I don't know exactly how reliable it is. Talk to Isuzu Rodeo owners about that one because the Rodeo is the same thing as a Passport, but the Passport has a H on it and a hefty pricetag.

·
Registered
256 Posts
RunninSOHC said:

Guess what? The Passport is made by Isuzu so I don't know exactly how reliable it is. Talk to Isuzu Rodeo owners about that one because the Rodeo is the same thing as a Passport, but the Passport has a H on it and a hefty pricetag.
Just the body is made by Isuzu, the engine is still all Honda.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
promotion said:

Just the body is made by Isuzu, the engine is still all Honda.
Are you sure? Whats the engine code on that thing? I don't think so? I think the only thing thats Honda on the Passport is the "H" emblem?

And you know that first gen Acura SLX, that was a rebadged Isuzu Trooper.

Oh and BTW, I'm planning on getting a CRV, hopefully the 99+ since they have the B20Z and I can get a JRSC for it.

CRV's aren't good for hardcore offroading, but the ocasional camping trip and snowbaording trips should be fine.

·
Registered
256 Posts
sak said:

Are you sure? Whats the engine code on that thing? I don't think so? I think the only thing thats Honda on the Passport is the "H" emblem?

And you know that first gen Acura SLX, that was a rebadged Isuzu Trooper.

Not sure about the engine codes, but Honda put a little bit of a larger engine in their versions.

I know about the SLX as well; Actually I have been looking for a good one for about a year now and will probably get one soon for my wife so I can mod out the CRV. The SLX is a little more than a Trooper. The SLX had alot nicer interior with leather and wood. The engines were definately all Honda with the Trooper and its 3.0 liter and the SLX with the 3.2 Liter until 98 and then it had the 3.5 liter. The Trooper didnt get the 3.5 liter until this year.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts