Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what are some tires that stick?? my sumitomos feel like the slip when i take off, or when i run through the canyons. im lookin something that'll grab the street when i run (which is barely), and hug the pavement when i go canyon running. any ideas?

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,367 Posts
my top 3 picks: Falken Azenis, Yokohama ES100, BFG G-Force Sports

all can be had under $90ea and work VERY well :tu

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
how much do you want to spend?

·
Registered
8,403 Posts
bridgestone potenzas

s-02's

fuzion

g009

nuffsaid, dammit

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
iLLeFFeKt CiViC said:
how much do you want to spend?
around $400 or so...this is also my daily driver, so id like to get a set of tires with a long life. i know i cant have everything but id be nice. sorry for the noob questions...i dont really know much about tires.

btw, im currently on 16x7, 45 series Sumitomos :confused

·
Registered
969 Posts
Sticky tires and tire life doesn't really go together.

My recommendation is Kumho Ecsta MX, I use them for autox, very sticky tires, however I haven't tried any of the others listed to compare with.

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,367 Posts
for $400 you're kinda limited. the g-force sports have a pretty long life for a cheap sticky tire. the azenis are gone in about 20,000 miles. around 12,000 if you race every weekend. the es100s last a pretty good amount of time too. if you need something w/ a super long life and mediocre grip, khumo ecsta's are one to look into :tu another tire you can look into is the falken ZIEX (pronounced Zee-Ex). they're fairly cheap and last a loooooonnngggggg time.

·
Registered
11,252 Posts
so for good grip and long lasting tires, that really doesnt happen? But for moderate grip and long lasting, you recomend the khumo ecstas? Anything else you would recomend that has good grip with long last, if thats possible?

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,367 Posts
AlTrOnX said:
so for good grip and long lasting tires, that really doesnt happen? But for moderate grip and long lasting, you recomend the khumo ecstas? Anything else you would recomend that has good grip with long last, if thats possible?
you can move up the price ladder and get something that's grippy and long lasting. michelin and goodyear come to mind. as do some dunlop tires (can't remember which one exactly). Potenza S03's....the list goes on and on...the thing is, they don't last too much longer and cost up to 3 times as much as what i get my azenis for. i'd rather be inconvenienced by changing the tires more often rather than spending more up front.

·
Registered
11,252 Posts
ya me too, so you recomend the azenis then? Cause ima be gettin some rims soon so im lookin for good tires that grip good and that last a decent amount of time. 20 thousand is good for me.

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,367 Posts
either azenis or the yoks :tu since the g-force sports are new, i haven't seen too many reviews, but the ones i've seen have been good.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
I got those G-forces on my car and wow. I've has proxes (fz4's) and some kumho ecsta supra 712's. Those tires do not compare. I recommend those tires to anyone.

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,367 Posts
my azenis are bald and i'm about to get onto some es100's. i'll be able to do a direct comparison in a week or so.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
lol there is no comparison between azenis and es 100's =)

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,367 Posts
azian21485 said:
lol there is no comparison between azenis and es 100's =)
hah, what's that supposed to mean? people swear by either brand :lol i'll have a non-biased review on them :)

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
i've had both....moved from es100's to azenis...trust me..there's no comparison...but you'll see for yourself =)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts