Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm looking for a cool present and a few years ago there were those small rc cars (like 1.5 inches long) that you could put on new tires, motors, etc. on them...different bodies and everything

i found a company called zip zaps...anyone know which one was the most popular or still popular around now?

budget is $30

·
Premium Member
13,998 Posts
Yeah zipzaps , sold exclusively at radioshack. They are key chain kid toy kinda suck.

If you want something nice , check out ebay for the iwaver , its slightly bigger and can actually take to your floors in the house and see some actual speed and good driving.

·
Registered
4,146 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,998 Posts
zip zap < xmod < mini-z < micro rs4

Also there mini trucks that you can get for $99 RTR now. The Team Losi Mini-T which is a very popular vehicle even though its so cheap now.

People mod those things like crazy and you can actually goto a track and have some fun in the dirt with them.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I've actually been looking into getting one of those xmods revolution. Are the Iwaver/miniz upgradable too? Thats what I like about the xmods.

If I got one, I wasn't planning on using the R/S upgrades. I was planning on getting from here
http://undergroundxmods.com/catalog/

There's some other sites too, and they have motors that and parts that are way more capable of better performance than the R/S parts.

·
Premium Member
13,998 Posts
XMOD = A shitty remade mini-z. Mini-z was the first and its a reputable company inside the RC world. KYOSHO. They have vehicles that can compete with the best out there.

XMOD Evolution is indeed a better car. Now on par with old mini-z...but new iwaver and the new miniz 4wd edition will blow it away.

I played around with my mini-z vs an xmod and allthough power wise we were well matched. The turning and precision was off the charts compared to the xmod which was beyond jerky , non fluid , would just veer off for no reason left or right. Quite possible the worst driving car Ive ever driven. Made things no fun.

While mini-z It was darting about and just did everything perfect and smooth. You could go in straight line and let of the stick and it would continue in a straight line. While the xmod would need constant input to get it just to go straight.

Im sure its better now on the XMOD EVO which is basically an XMOD V2.0 , much better all around , lower cg , etc etc. But still its an xmod from RS.

Also RS has xmod parts...not rs parts for it. They are still made by xmod , just carried by RS.

·
Premium Member
6,822 Posts
mike_sho said:
zip zap < xmod < mini-z < micro rs4

Also there mini trucks that you can get for $99 RTR now. The Team Losi Mini-T which is a very popular vehicle even though its so cheap now.

People mod those things like crazy and you can actually goto a track and have some fun in the dirt with them.
woah looking at the losi mini-t on their site, that looks pretty cool, i might have to get one :p

1 - 20 of 26 Posts