1) At the time, the Prelude was at the pinnacle of cutting edge technology for small sports coupes.
2) Smooth body lines. No moldings, excessive bumper lamps, or gaudy aero enhancements.
3) I got a great deal on my car used, 'nuff said.
I'm speaking only from my experience with the 5th gen. Damn, I wish I still had my prelude. oh well, things happen for a reason I guess. I still wave to ludes on the road, they look at my strange or then try to race me.
1. Price , nothing like a 14second car for 10g's.
2. Not many people have them and they are known for speed but arent cop magnets.
3. Performance of the h22 , Ive always known about the power of the motor since it came out. I was dying to get a swap , and ended up with the WHOLE CAR....
also I had to add a few more.
4. Just plain because the car is a naturally aspirated , 4cyl that gets great gas mileage , sounds low , sits low , doesnt weigh a ton , has lots of aftermarket parts so I can personalize my car to my own likes and needs , nice interiors , well working systems , its one hell of a performer....Ive beaten cobra's and hang with corvette's.....
A forum community dedicated to Honda and Acura owners and enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about performance, modifications, concepts, reviews, classifieds, troubleshooting, maintenance, and more!