Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
80k and/or 100K plus mileage?

So far I have about 43k on mine just wanted to know what to expect so far my car is fine I got the timingbelt fixed ways back and it should be fine, etc...

I noticed that my car didn't start too well, it hesitated especially during the cold and then I changed my oil and all of a sudden the hesitations disappeared???

jay

· Registered
12,727 Posts
lude1sh said:
80k and/or 100K plus mileage?

So far I have about 43k on mine just wanted to know what to expect so far my car is fine I got the timingbelt fixed ways back and it should be fine, etc...

I noticed that my car didn't start too well, it hesitated especially during the cold and then I changed my oil and all of a sudden the hesitations disappeared???

jay
not sure if there is a typical problem...I would say after a lot of use a radiator MAY go bad and start leaking....cap and distributer...spark plugs, stuff like that will need replacing...maybe spark plug wires after a LONG time.

· Registered
47 Posts
i have 96k miles on my lude (97 base) no problems....starts fine runs awesome, still pulls like as if she had 20k miles...when i bought her (new) i knew she was a keeper...so i took very good care of....oil every 3k miles (always use a honda filter...a friend of mine whos a mechanic told me that honda filters are one of the best...:confused: ???) since i have an aem cold air, i clean the filter every 5k....plugs, cap and rotor @40k...replace anti-freeze 2 times a year sept. and march...and i keep her clean (got to keep her lookin her best...:D )

· Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah thanks, I used a purolator filter once and I couldn't get it off so I had to put oil in and restart my car to get it warm...From then on I learned my lesson to just used honda parts, most of the time at least. Switching spark plugs shouldn't be that big a deal???

Also do you think that there could be a problem If I only used 5 liters of oil instead of the recommended 5.1 liters for our ludes...but I typically changed my oil every 3-4k miles I just noticed that I hadn't been putting in the .1 liters that the book recommends...is there gonna be any long term BAD affects(like f'ed up pistons)...Im hoping that at 80k I can still do the 1/4 mile in 15.7/15.8 secs...?

jay

· Registered
47 Posts
the .1 is not gonna be a big deal if you keep changin the oil at 3k-4k....the lude burns some oil off if you run alot in vtec...so if you do just check it more often....as for the plugs its no biggie...honda recommends you change them at 90k:)confused: ) cuz they're "platinum...but i changed them at 40k...as for running at 15.7-15.8 in da 1/4...i cant answer that cuz i never ran my car at the track but i can tell you that she still pulls as hard now at 96k like she did at 20k....but thats my buttometer speaking:D

· Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
my car's a 99, 97-99 ludes had starting issues i believe...

· Registered
36 Posts
the problem with the ingnition recal is that if you have an after market alarm installed you have to disconnect it before they will replace the switch. I gave the dealer a hard time and he did it anyway. If you are handy with that kind off stuff i quess it wouldnt be a problem.

· Premium Member
15,402 Posts
lude1sh said:

jay
that could be becuause u used thicker oil...in the manual it says that HONDA recomends 5w-30 blablabla..and it says going higher then 5 will make the engine use more power to start up/or the battery wutever one.

that might be it...

· Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i use 15w50...that may be it be I used it before and i notice something about the weather maybe affecting it...but now it's fine even with 15w50...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.