Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

· Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in need of some new 205/40/17 tires for when I swap back to my summer wheels. What kind of tires does everyone use and how do you like them?

Thanks.

· Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
No one uses tires on their car? What do you have skis on them or something. Surely someone can recommend a brand of tire for me.

· Registered
53 Posts
Re: tires

94tegman said:
bridgestone potenza-kind of expensive but worth every penny.

be careful with those potenza's my fraternity brother had them on his type r, blew at like 85 mph almost lost control and went into a ditch, luckily he knew how to drive, just be careful, pos firestone/bridgestone

but to answer the topic question, I have the toyo proxes t1s, very expensive, but the best tire ive ever experienced on any car.

· Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey thanks for the input. I had Kumho's before, but was just shopping for possibly different ones.

Next question, where do you buy them?

· Registered
53 Posts
probably many of the tire stores in town can get them for price check, also check victoria tire, thats where i got my wheels and tires, i believe they sell just the tires, i got mine for 135 a pop in my package deal

· Banned
2,834 Posts
So far I've had:

ROAD tires:

Michelin XGTH4's = they sucked stinky ASS!

Yokohama A520's= Nice, better than stock, great traction on dry and better traction than XGT's in rain, Snow is another story, a decent price.

Bridgestone Potenza, RE010's= a little pricey, very good stock rubber, a great all around road, light track and stock class tire, very sticky, shoft lifespan, 140 rating!

Falken Azenis Assymetrico= Great Grip, longer life than stock, might not be as good in rain. Great road Stock class track tire. Doesn't CHUNK like REO's.

Good luck,

A.

· Registered
154 Posts
I had Yokohama A520's, Paradas, Dunlop SP9000 and current I have Nitto 555 Extremes. Dunlop SP9000 are the shit. Amazing in the rain and really good dry traction, can't really compare dry traction to say the 555's and very high performance tires. A520's are ok, but I didn't really like their dry traction. Paradas are awesome, I was getting them again but the tire shop put on the wrong size and when the changed them they didn't have my size so I have the Nitto's. The 555's are awesome. Alittle noisier than other tires in my opinion, but get wet and dry traction. You can definitely feel the grip

· Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
SoFlaGS-T said:
kumho ecsta supra 712
Yeah that is what I had and they were great tires. I would buy them again definetly. I was just kind of looking at the menu to see what else it out there.

· Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
What does everyone think about Falken or Nitto tires?

· Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Alright, since I have had Kumho 712's already, I think I am going to try a different brand.

These are two that I am thinking of and the price of them shipped.

Nitto NT 555 for $401.16 shipped
Falken FK 451 for 407.35 shipped

What do you guys think about either of these?

Thanks.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.