Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1990 honda accord LX and i just got my licenes, i already have a coustom exhaust and an air intake and id like to know what else i can do for it for cheep, i was looking on ebay and i found some speed chips, but i dont think that they will add much horsepower, i was also looking at a header and their like 4-500 for one, and thats too expensive, i think im about out of luck, i do want a faster car but my parents gave me this one as a starter lol, try to help me out... :D

·
Registered
8,169 Posts
there is no such thing as cheap speed nor should you ever buy a speed chip off of ebay. Most people on here will tell you just save up the money and get an engine swap.

·
Registered
4,608 Posts
silveracc said:
there is no such thing as cheap speed nor should you ever buy a speed chip off of ebay. Most people on here will tell you just save up the money and get an engine swap.

or save your money, sell your car and get a car with a greater potential to work with.. (no offense 4th gen owners)

given that your car is running in perfect condiftion...

until then.. here are some free mods:
try the throttle body coolant bypass (its just a theoretical mod). do a search on this forum and you will get instructions

remove unncessary weight. (rule of thumb: every 100lbs you take out from a car, you knock off 0.1~0.2 seconds in quarter mile)

good luck

·
Registered
868 Posts
ctj121683 said:
Remove your power sterring.
and your whole interior
your spare
cut your springs
use your coffee cans as mufflers!!!
:D

not to be mean, but what is 10 hp at the flywheel to an old f22? not much, maybe if it was already built up a little bit. keep your car if it's what you're stuck with. get nos at a little shot and don't use it too much and save up for either an engine or a new platform. the thing bout nos is you can undo the install and put it in something else

·
·Àdministrator·
1,238 Posts
fr3nz33 said:
not to be mean, but what is 10 hp at the flywheel to an old f22?
Enough to smoke your car...

j/k

even stock setup would...

anyway, back on topic. Search a little on the internet and you'll find out. I found a Stage I cam from Gude for about 260-270 buck, and higher compression pistons that take your c.r. to almost 10:1 (stock is like 8.8:1) That would be the biggest hp gain for a F22 except for turbo.

·
Registered
868 Posts
JDM_Honda said:
Enough to smoke your car...
that's the other thing learn how to drive first, that extra ten deosn't mean you're faster than me :aww

·
·Àdministrator·
1,238 Posts
Oh, well, I guess we have to just ask him to make a video of his driving skills, I'd watch it :D

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
becoming faster is hard on a budget but there are little things that you can do.

you have an lx, and im not sure if you have a aftermarket header or not. anyways the stock lx header is a 4-1 design, you can get a ex header and you will get the 4-2-1 design and a bit more power, im guessing like 4-8 hp which is a good diff...

and a nice tune up =)

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,367 Posts
www.autocross.com/evolution

best bang for the buck...and you'll smoke a lot of people w/ your STOCK car.

oh and learn to spell. i hate sharing the road with illiterate people :td

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
AccOrDZteCh said:
becoming faster is hard on a budget but there are little things that you can do.

you have an lx, and im not sure if you have a aftermarket header or not. anyways the stock lx header is a 4-1 design, you can get a ex header and you will get the 4-2-1 design and a bit more power, im guessing like 4-8 hp which is a good diff...

and a nice tune up =)
Magnaflow full stainless steel catback exhaust system
$5.00

AEM Short ram intake from totalled accord
$75.00

DC Sports 4-2-1 stainless steel header from totalled accord
$120

total cost for all boltons and installations? $200

BTW I have a stock f22b1 accord ex 4-2-1 manifold going up for sale in about 3 weeks.

·
Registered
682 Posts
ya. nothing cheap, but u can get some other stuff.... do the F22a6 intake mani. swap etc, shave off some weight, get a pully set and ur golden....

·
Registered
31 Posts
The inderdrive pulley, would be more hp to the wheels! :D And NEVER buy a freaking resistor of the ebay, I mean the speed chip... rip off. Radio Shack has those for about set of 5 for a buck...

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
don't even buy them from radio shack either though. rip off and it really doens't do any good for your car. header and pulleys were both cheap and gave me a good gain for the price.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts