Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my friend has a 94' ls and he wants to go n/a for till next year... what can he do he's thinking of a type r head... what do you guys think any suggestions...?? his limit is about $1500..

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
x3mhonda said:
I know this is gonna sound mad stupid, and there is a risk of gettin flamed but, what is LSD and while ur at it wat does N/A mean?
LSD = Limited Slip Differential. improves traction by splitting torque evenly and preventing one wheel from slipping or spinning. especially helpful during cornering or other slippery situations (snow, gravel, etc.). a differential allows the wheels to turn at different speeds. without a differential, one wheel would drag or bind when you go around a turn as one wheel must travel farther than the other. a normal differential, by its, design will transfer all the power to the wheel that spins the most freely. that's why when you get stuck in the snow one wheel will spin while the other just sits there. a limited slip differential doesn't allow one wheel to take all the power.that's why racing cars use them; to avoid the problem of one wheel spinning while the other does nothing.

N/A = Naturally Aspirated. aka. "All Motor". this is where the engine "breathes" on its own without the aid of any form of power adder/s -- i.e. turbo/supercharger, nitrous. the engine simply relies on the combination of if it's components -- like cams, pistons, fuel mapping, intake flow/velocity, exhaust flow/velocity, and the like.

·
Registered
14,616 Posts
j619pinoy said:
NOS and LSD.....sickkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk:eek:
you're big on that brand of nitrous kits aren't you?

·
Registered
101 Posts
hate to flame, but what exactly do you do around here to have >100 posts, yet not knowing lsd and n/a?

·
Registered
172 Posts
gsr24, what world do you live in that pistons rods vavles and nitrous cost 1500? can i live there too?

TODA pistons alone are $880
Crower rods are $680
valves are another $300
nitrous is another $1000

·
Registered
267 Posts
superhybrid said:
gsr24, what world do you live in that pistons rods vavles and nitrous cost 1500? can i live there too?

TODA pistons alone are $880
Crower rods are $680
valves are another $300
nitrous is another $1000
nitrous is like 500... crower rods if you get gyped at 640 at most. valves are bout 300

do you COULD get by if you had another 300 or 400 bucks.

i would get an act clutch, lighweight flywheel and if any gear scratches, a new tranny or a new synchro.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.