Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a D16Z6 engine and 108kmiles on it, i want to make my car into a sleeper and wondering how much money i would have to spend to make my car faster....intake headers exhaust and lil other stuff that u can add..... or would i just be better of getting a new engine...... as of right now i have no job but hopflully getting one starting at 9.50 an hour working 20-29 hours a week if i get it... all i have to pay for is a 100 bucks a month for inshurance untill i get my grades up and for gass witch is easy to cover..... please leave some advise and pointers..... i want to get comptech parts but they r hela expensive

·
Registered
291 Posts
IMO swap in a new, faster, engine or turbo your car. It all depends on how much money your willing to spend.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
if ur still gettin those comptech parts, check out www.mrjdm.com he has some good stuff. also if i were u id just wait and swap for the new engine.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
hmmm, he just put up the site like 1 week ago so ill ask if he has it in stock.

·
Registered
7,625 Posts
Ah yes, the typical swap advice. Let's calculate shall we? *IF* you get a job right now for $9.50 and work an average of 25 hours a week every week, after taxes and insurance, if you spend NO MONEY ON ANYTHING ELSE, you could buy a swap package in 6-7 months. Then there's labor unless you can do it all yourself.

Or...you can build a serious D-series performer on a budget. Anytime you get between $100-300 to spend you can buy a performance part that you can put on. Each part in itself might not be a serious hp-adder, but by the time you're done it will add up to a fun car for much less money than a swap. Search the forum for "D-series" discussions so you can get a true idea of the options available to you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts