Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,118 Posts
you used lacqure thinner on that adhesive? you better becareful because that could seep through that adhesive and eat the hell out of your paint. I found that out by experience. But use goof off, I used that to take my pin stripe off a long time ago and I swear by it.

·
Registered
57 Posts
there is also this stuff called "Goo Gone" and it works really well. when i used to work at the mall, we would have visits where the owner of the company would come by and look at out store. we had all these ridiculous things to do like scrape off gum from our ceramic/concrete style floor. the gum came off so easily, i always volunteered to be the "gum scraper"...

i know that WD-40 is good at removing adhesive and i don't think it will harm the paint. you could also try using rubbing alcohol. i use that to remove the adhesive residue when i remove my registration sticker from my windshield. i'm not about the safety of it on your paint though...

-M-

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
ultimatebravo said:
hair dryer, try it before you use chemicals.
ur correct

dont use thinner unless u know what ur doing, thinner will soften ur paint and u can do more damage.
heat it up and then rub it off. dont let the hair dryer get to close otherwise youll burn the paint, just take ur time and let it slowly warm up the adheasion then work it off.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.