Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering the Greddy kit and running 10psi (max psi for stock internals? Safe?) I ran bottle years back 13's 100+mph and wanna go turbo' Anyone have this kit? What time could I expect N/A now I am upper 14's 92mph avg. Suggestions? Comments would help!

Thanks!

· Registered
103 Posts
imo, since your getting the greddy kit, your probably not all out crazy for speed. so i wouldnt spend over 1k for a dfi if your just going to use your car as a semi fast daily driver. either stick with a hondata 2b or v-afac. going hondata3 + or full blown dfi would be overkill imo.

· Registered
84 Posts
In Turbo magazine while back they tested the GSR greddy turbo kit and ran a 12.8 at 8 psi on slicks. I think that I read that the max psi on that kit was 8 psi. But that is just a boost controller, which can be swithed out no problem for higher boost.

· Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Greddy Turbo on GSR....

Thanks guys for the info. I would be very happy for low 13's and if I could pull a high 12 at under 10psi that would be tight. Just wondering w/ reliability and up-keep on turbo's besides letting them cool down after driving for awhile, anything else to consider? Or if it's done right, tuned right no problems for the most part?

THanks again for the info!

· Registered
302 Posts
Lude-A-Tic said:
In Turbo magazine while back they tested the GSR greddy turbo kit and ran a 12.8 at 8 psi on slicks. I think that I read that the max psi on that kit was 8 psi. But that is just a boost controller, which can be swithed out no problem for higher boost.
I also thought that the Greddy kit was for someone happy with 8PSI. That if you turned up the boost you wouldn't get the full HP at the high RPMs?

· Registered
84 Posts
Yes, I have heard the same thing. The greddy turbo in that kit (mitsubishi 16g i beleive) is pretty small. You may not want to boost that past 8psi, it might not have the breath for the top end. It is a very streetable kit, which doesn't have much lag and is drivable/ reliable.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.