Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be getting either a CRX or an EF hatch, and I would like to know that if I want to switch the rear brakes to disc, should I get the rear assembly from an 86-89 integra, 90-93 integra or an SI?

·
Registered
96 Posts
any 88+ Civic or 90+ Integra. theyre all the same thing. but for the e-brake cables you need to get car specific for them. the EF hatch uses the 90-93 Integra coupe. the EF 4dr uses the 90-93 Integra 4dr. the CRX uses CRX SI cables. you can use any of the e-brakes if you get creative in routing them

you'll also need the 4040 proportioning valve and i would suggest a 15/16" MC with the matching booster

i have the 90-93 Integra coupe discs, prop valve, MC, and booster on my 90 Civic hatch. so if you have any other questions just ask

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
DC2TegNA said:
any 88+ Civic or 90+ Integra. theyre all the same thing. but for the e-brake cables you need to get car specific for them. the EF hatch uses the 90-93 Integra coupe. the EF 4dr uses the 90-93 Integra 4dr. the CRX uses CRX SI cables. you can use any of the e-brakes if you get creative in routing them

you'll also need the 4040 proportioning valve and i would suggest a 15/16" MC with the matching booster

i have the 90-93 Integra coupe discs, prop valve, MC, and booster on my 90 Civic hatch. so if you have any other questions just ask
too bad there is no such thing as a real EF in america.......

90-93 integra
90-91 CRX Si

those are the 2 cars to get them from, the newer integra stuff will work but you might run into issues w/ the ABS calipers

·
Registered
96 Posts
so dont hook up the ABS wires. boy thats hard to do. and not all the newer Integras have ABS anyway. and sorry to get technical about the EF thing. everyone knows it as the EF. you knew what we were talking about

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
DC2TegNA said:
so dont hook up the ABS wires. boy thats hard to do. and not all the newer Integras have ABS anyway. and sorry to get technical about the EF thing. everyone knows it as the EF. you knew what we were talking about

not everyone knows that they are called EF's and the calipers are different on an ABS model vs. non ABS model, furthermore the ABS models use different brake fluid compounds.....but i'm sure you already knew that

·
Registered
139 Posts
lugnutRS said:
I will be getting either a CRX or an EF hatch, and I would like to know that if I want to switch the rear brakes to disc, should I get the rear assembly from an 86-89 integra, 90-93 integra or an SI?
You should really give me $400+ shipping and take them off of my 91 CRX Si chassis...

Hmm... calipers, disc, trailing arms, proportioning valve, E-brake cables..what ever else you need.... want the Master cylinder?... Brake booster? yours...

Yeah.. that's what you should do..

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Re: Re: What car can I take the rear disc assembly off of?

deepstaged said:
You should really give me $400+ shipping and take them off of my 91 CRX Si chassis...

Hmm... calipers, disc, trailing arms, proportioning valve, E-brake cables..what ever else you need.... want the Master cylinder?... Brake booster? yours...

Yeah.. that's what you should do..
LOL.........

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
i need crx compensator arms...i think?

i threw on integ rear discs and my tires are pointed inward, toward the center of the car. they're adjusted all the way out, and the toe is still off...

help me out guys, does my problem lie in the compensator arms?

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
phan said:
i need crx compensator arms...i think?

i threw on integ rear discs and my tires are pointed inward, toward the center of the car. they're adjusted all the way out, and the toe is still off...

help me out guys, does my problem lie in the compensator arms?

you should not have changed them

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
temp03 said:
you should not have changed them
shit, i don't remember if i did or not :eek:

i'll have to take a look later. but if i did change them, would this cause the problem?

front wheels are parallel: | |
rear wheels are not: / \ <- pointed inwards just like that.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
phan said:
shit, i don't remember if i did or not :eek:

i'll have to take a look later. but if i did change them, would this cause the problem?

front wheels are parallel: | |
rear wheels are not: / \ <- pointed inwards just like that.

that could have caused it, also how low is the rear? does your JIC suspension have camber plates? if so, what are they set at?

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
temp03 said:
that could have caused it, also how low is the rear? does your JIC suspension have camber plates? if so, what are they set at?
the rear isn't horribly low (pictured), they don't come with camber plates but i used the washer trick to adjust the little camber i had (when i got my car aligned, it was damn close to perfect).

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
phan said:
the rear isn't horribly low (pictured), they don't come with camber plates but i used the washer trick to adjust the little camber i had (when i got my car aligned, it was damn close to perfect).

if the camber is coming out perfect on the alignment rack then i would not worry about it, it could just be worn trailing arm bushings

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
temp03 said:
if the camber is coming out perfect on the alignment rack then i would not worry about it, it could just be worn trailing arm bushings
but the tires are pointed inwards, this isn't normal. they've been adjusted as far as possible (to align them), so i know i did something wrong.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
phan said:
but the tires are pointed inwards, this isn't normal. they've been adjusted as far as possible (to align them), so i know i did something wrong.

did you do what this pic says not to do?

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
phan said:

LOL, i am guessing that you used the integra C-arms and removed that bolt didn't you

·
Registered
96 Posts
if you got your car aligned then they should adjust that bolt. take it back and tell them to do it right. you can take it out as long as you get it aligned when youre done. it just has an oval shape type washer on it to move the bolt in and out which pushes the trailing arm in and out

but use your stock arms for evertyhing except the trailing arms

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
DC2TegNA said:
if you got your car aligned then they should adjust that bolt. take it back and tell them to do it right. you can take it out as long as you get it aligned when youre done. it just has an oval shape type washer on it to move the bolt in and out which pushes the trailing arm in and out

but use your stock arms for evertyhing except the trailing arms

uhhhh thats what we are talking about, he thinks he used the integra c-arms

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
temp03 said:
uhhhh thats what we are talking about, he thinks he used the integra c-arms
exactly. i went to get the car aligned and it couldn't be moved anymore because i think i used the wrong c-arms. i think i said that a few times...:confused:

1 - 20 of 43 Posts