Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered my Aem Cai and I'm soon to order Jdm 4-1 headers( Local shop is selling them for $450). I've heard that I need a different catalytic to bolt up the headers. I keep hearing about the carsound cat. I've ben trying to contact Isp racing but I get no response. Are there an other cats that you guys recommend that won't trigger the check engine light and run goo with not to much noise with our cars? Thanks!

· Banned
2,834 Posts
Yeah, call Mike at IPS racing again, he is usually busy but, if you leave a message and number where he can get in touch with you he will usually call you back within 30 minutes or so.

As for Carsound cats, they are a good product and made by magnaflow, "the muffler guys," or is it that Carsound makes Magnaflow? I can't recall.

Good luck,

A.

Ps he'll set you up with a 94006 model to match the JDM size 2 1/2" collector.

· Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks

Thanks guys I'll give him a call.

· Registered
4 Posts
The 94006 is used for the ITRs and the 54006 is used for the earlier GSRs since the 94006 is too long for that application. The 54006 doesn't flow as well as the 94006 since the brick area is smaller.

· Registered
301 Posts
Welcome back Dave!!!

I got my B16 (not in the car until the summer probably), but because of stuff going on at home, I will not be able to get a header from you for quite awhile ....

But if later in the year you want a B16 swapped '88-'91 hatchback to use as a measuring testbed for one of your headers, let me know ...... ;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.