Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a red 97 del sol with some White 5 spoke 17's and i want to repaint them...Im stuck between either DupliColor Graphite wheel paint or Flat black...Ill post a pic of my wheels sometime so you can see what they look like. Thanks for your opinions!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Honestly man, when I saw your pics on cardomain, I thought the red del sol with white rims was the best selection. So much so, that I want white rims now. Personally I wouldnt change them to anything but yellow, but I'm obsessed with yellow so thats just me. My ideal del sol would be completely neon or mustard yellow, I havent yet to decide. :) <- yellow

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
^ what he said...

otherwise stock is always cool....

less rotating mass with less paint..

hell just brush your rims up so they are dull...

even more weight reduction

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well i have been trying to sell them for the last month or 2 and no one seems to want them, and i had to put the stock wheels on my civic when i traded it in cuz i didnt have anything else to put on it, im trying to talk the kid that has my civic to give me my stock del sol wheels back but he wont...so painting is my next option...maybe ill have better luck selling them if they are a different color! Who knows...but unless someone wants to be really cool and trade me a set of 99-00 Si wheels within the next day or 2, they will start the transformation to Gunmetal.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I dunno..i guess i like them, but i like the whole JDM dark colors and plain look alot more I would love to have a set of bronze mugen mf10's but thats never gonna happen, and i dont have money for rotas unless these sell and thats not happeing either so im screwed haha, the main reason i want to do gunmetal or a dark color is i plan to do a c/f hood and front lip some day and i think it would go good...What do you guys think of carbon fiber accents on a car with white wheels?

·
Registered
158 Posts
wait for your hood first, then see how it all looks........the picture may not really show how white these are vs. in person......but, imo, IF (Big IF) I was going to paint these, I may lean to a dark grey (maybe I am describing gun metal)

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Damnit now you guys all got me thinking! Do you guys actually think it looks good with the white wheels? ive thought about just doing a fresh coat of white just to brighten them up a little bit. There is to many choices I hate this shit!

·
Registered
676 Posts
You shouldn't have even asked about what you should do for this certain situation. You apparently have plans to get a CF hood n Lip, and if you personally want to paint the rims, just do it. There are going to be people who say paint em black and leave em white, and thats cool, but its your ride...

but if your the type that just likes suggestions n shit than forget about what i said and paint em that gunmetal color haha. That's what im goin to my rims on my red hatch...me like the look.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.