Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which coolant temperature sensor drives the radiator fan?

As of late I have noticed that my car tends to over heat when I have the AC on . This only a problem when I am sitting in traffic. But at cruising its all good. Finally I had the time today to check whats going on and I noticed that when i have the AC on, only my condensor fan comes on. Even when my coolant temp sensor needle creeps toward 5/8-6/8 my radiator fan desn't come on. I am thinking its either the fan relay or my coolant temperature sensor. But if it was my fan relay my condensor fan won't come on either. So I am thinking its one of my coolant temp sensors. I know one of them drives the rad fan. So which sensor is it? The top sensor or the bottom. I can't find my repair manual and searching yielded useless threads, but it can be my search criteria. I will be researching this also, but i will appreciate any input. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
64 Posts
its the top sensor or it could be the fan it self because u said the needle is still reading so you should first check the fan and if its not that pull the top hose off yank the cts and put a lighter to the pointy part, it should open more than just a little bit after a coupe of seconds

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.