Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am installing a nitrous express kit on my 94 rs. It has 106XXX miles on it and i have intake exhaust header. It is a wet kit and i am planning on running a 50 shot. What could possibly go wrong? Worse case scenerio with a 50 shot? i upgraded my plugs and all that stuff but i don't get the kit till next week. I am kind of scared that something is going to go wrong. Could u please give me a rundown of what could go wrong, and the chances of everything happening? Thanks a lot

·
Registered
433 Posts
worst casescenarios:
unequal distribution cuz its a single fogger..detonation, leaning out, droping a valve, burning a piston ring, crackin a piston land, n20 backfire in intake manifold, destroyn the throttle body, intake and sensors..hmm singlefogger wet sounds soo good doesnt it?

i have a direct port upgrade for u. lmk if ya want it.

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
i had a single fogger and it ran great.
but you do have to watch out for those mentioned above.

·
Registered
433 Posts
exactly. if u want higher shots that fogger will just get u in trbl. :(

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hmm

hmm sounds kinda sketchy...how often does stuff like this happen with a 50 shot? Frequently? How much is a direct port upgrade?

·
Registered
355 Posts
acuraintegra94 said:
I am installing a nitrous express kit on my 94 rs. It has 106XXX miles on it and i have intake exhaust header. It is a wet kit and i am planning on running a 50 shot. What could possibly go wrong? Worse case scenerio with a 50 shot? i upgraded my plugs and all that stuff but i don't get the kit till next week. I am kind of scared that something is going to go wrong. Could u please give me a rundown of what could go wrong, and the chances of everything happening? Thanks a lot
did you upgrade your fuel regulator?

I'd suggest that if yu haven't yet.

·
Registered
433 Posts
u asked for worst case scenarios right? it happens more then id like to see it . upgrades 300

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
ive seen it happen many times.
take it from me , go direct port the 1st time .
i went dry, converted to wet and then bought a whole new direct port kit and have everything upgraded tyou can buy.. . . . it can egt expensive to asy the least.

·
Registered
267 Posts
itr206 said:
ive seen it happen many times.
take it from me , go direct port the 1st time .
i went dry, converted to wet and then bought a whole new direct port kit and have everything upgraded tyou can buy.. . . . it can egt expensive to asy the least.
How much is a direct pot kit usually cost, I'm lookin to get nitrous and was thinking about a zex kit, I dont plan on getting really crazy with it though....

·
Registered
433 Posts
under 450 if ya get it for me. but go ahead and pay retail and have fun..:)

zex new is about 450 so why not just get a BETTER kit?!

·
Registered
433 Posts
in actuality as hard as any other kit.
hit me on aim and ill tell ya all abut it

aim :robycold

·
Registered
38 Posts
figure this though, DP is 80 shot minimum, fogger (wet) kit is plenty reliable at 50....now at 75 or 80 DP is better yes. But decide what you want, an easy kit to install and run at a 50, go NX wet kit. Want big power from a serious nitrous car, go DP.....

·
Registered
433 Posts
why bother w/ wet if ur goin 50!? dry is more than sufficient.
get a dry kit dood, obviously this isnt sinkin into ur head or u woulda already been jumpn on the offer i gave ya,.

·
Registered
38 Posts
A wet kit kit will run longer and more reliably....besides, stick any NX solenoid next to a NOS solenoid and you'll see the difference, NX is the best quality.....and with our poorly shaped intake manifolds a wet kit will save your pistons.......

·
Registered
433 Posts
Jake Blair said:
A wet kit kit will run longer and more reliably....besides, stick any NX solenoid next to a NOS solenoid and you'll see the difference, NX is the best quality.....and with our poorly shaped intake manifolds a wet kit will save your pistons.......
a wet kit will not run longer or more reliably..
maybe it might save a piston but i highly doubht that. save a piston vs replacing a manfold, valves, tb intake and fitler from a n20 backfire hhhmmmmm :confused:

i have nothing against NX kits, theyre expensive and not worth the cost however
tell me how a nx solenoid is better than this:

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
i'm running NOS, basically what roby had/has.

DP kit, currently 125 shot. but the motor is built to handle it for a while. no problems yet.....

dry is ok but i've seen a couple stock engines that used dry shot systems such as ZEX and they didn't look so hot. the injection was only 75 or less also.

always play it safe and take precautions when using N2O.

later

·
Registered
267 Posts
Well see i'm basically new to nos I've read alot of the faqs and begginers stuff. I just want something to give me a little extra boost at the track(drykit) because honestly I dont think my stock engine could handle more than a 75 shot. and I couldnt afford to replace any of the internals if they blew.

·
Registered
433 Posts
ur engine will be fine either way, just get a fuel pump and ignition and ngk bkr73...ur set. theres no diff between a 75 or 80 shot.
do it once or ull do it over and over...sighh. its cool though, if u want just a 75 shot ur still gonna need the same mods to run a big shot.
roby

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
u think my stock engine will be ok with a 50 shot?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts