Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
lately i have been hearing this kinda clunking sound coming from my front passenger side wheel. what could this be?

·
Registered
396 Posts
is it more like a clicking sound? if so this could mean that the CV joint is shot. get under the car and look all the way around the cv boot, see if there are and holes/cuts in the boot. if you see any, it's a good sign that the joint was exposed and got some dirt or rocks in it. if that's the case you'll need to replace it.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
D16Y8mike said:
is it more like a clicking sound? if so this could mean that the CV joint is shot. get under the car and look all the way around the cv boot, see if there are and holes/cuts in the boot. if you see any, it's a good sign that the joint was exposed and got some dirt or rocks in it. if that's the case you'll need to replace it.
yeah the clicking sound about right. how much is that gonna cost me to fix?

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
taz77 said:
while driving straight or making u-turns?
its usually around turns, but its strating to do it when i'm goin straight also.

·
Registered
215 Posts
check to see if your lug nuts are on tight. One time I changed my suspension and clicking was due to my lug nuts not being on tight. Don't ever rely on the impact-gun for putting on lug nuts, just taking them off. :p

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah i rotated my tires and the problem is gone. i think it was a lug nut that was cross threaded.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.