Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

61 - 80 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
the ladies are the same as the guys for the most part(atleast this is what I think).....some like all show,some like all go,and some like both

please do not flame me ladies but IMO there are alot of shallow girls out there(noticed I did not call them ladies) all you have to do is stear clear of the girls and people in general that are like this

and for me personnaly I could give a shit less what a girl drives or if a girl likes/dislikes my car,it's mine,I drive it,and I pay for what gets done to it :)

·
Registered
99 Posts
Seriously, I love my car and there's nothing anyone can say to make me think otherwise. I think everyone is just different in tastes. It doesn't mean it's bad or good, it just means it's different. My car has been called "ricey" before and some people think my car is a show car. No matter the opinion/reaction, I just keep truckin' along because I'm happy with my car. I personally love alittle bit of performance with equal mix with looks.. Go + Show = Sexy-ass car.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I love my car...ive loved all my cars. For me something thats the best of both worlds....or at least a good balance between performance and comfort. Lately ive sacrificed some comfort for more performance...but thats my own car. As far as cars for guys? I dont care if its a girl or a guy driving. if it catches my attention then cool. but i wont date a guy because of his car. i dont date a guy because of his looks....from my experience...if the guy looks too pretty or if his car looks too pretty then his personality is usually ehh.

Cliff notes:
1.My car needs to be fast yet comfortable.
2.My guy needs to have a GREAT personality...his car doesnt matter.
My problem with this most guys i meet think its cool that i know my shiat until they realize i know more than they do about whats under my hood...or worse....whats under theirs.
3. Most guys hit on me because of my car...so does that make my car a hottie magnet?

·
Registered
10,923 Posts
blacktraxgirl said:
....3. Most guys hit on me because of my car...so does that make my car a hottie magnet?
Now, wait a minute, "little lady" :lol! IMO, men see the
woman, her beauty, as the attraction. Of course,
they could give a rat's ass if she's intelligent, or
makes a decent living. The car might initially attract
their attention, from a distance, but once they got
close, if you're dog-ass ugly, they'll back away.
Most women, on the other hand, are looking
for that "prince" to rescue them, (i.e.: some
decent guy with big dollars). That's why
they are attracted to nice cars.
Once they find out your car's just a "front",
they'll be "outta' there" as well.
Bitch and flame me all you want, but let me say this:
I've been posting my responses to the original poster
and to his reasoning of improving his car to directly
impress the opposite sex, (that was his objective,
right?). And like I've said before, there are exceptions,
as far as a woman's "reasonings" go, but an expensive
car attacts them, simply because "landing the big one"
is their dream. Same with guys, except it'd be
having the hottest ass chick he has ever seen,
even if she was dumb as a potato, and drove a Pinto.
This is a simplistic look at it, since there are more
variables, like character, integrity, etc., but we're
talking about first impressions, correct?

·
Registered
152 Posts
BlueBallz said:
Now, wait a minute, "little lady" :lol! IMO, men see the
woman, her beauty, as the attraction. Of course,
they could give a rat's ass if she's intelligent, or
makes a decent living. The car might initially attract
their attention, from a distance, but once they got
close, if you're dog-ass ugly, they'll back away.
Most women, on the other hand, are looking
for that "prince" to rescue them, (i.e.: some
decent guy with big dollars). That's why
they are attracted to nice cars.
Once they find out your car's just a "front",
they'll be "outta' there" as well.
Bitch and flame me all you want, but let me say this:
I've been posting my responses to the original poster
and to his reasoning of improving his car to directly
impress the opposite sex, (that was his objective,
right?). And like I've said before, there are exceptions,
as far as a woman's "reasonings" go, but an expensive
car attacts them, simply because "landing the big one"
is their dream. Same with guys, except it'd be
having the hottest ass chick he has ever seen,
even if she was dumb as a potato, and drove a Pinto.
This is a simplistic look at it, since there are more
variables, like character, integrity, etc., but we're
talking about first impressions, correct?
i wasnt flaming you...sorry if you got that impression. I thought that the thread was mainly about what girls look for in a car. not a guys car. but now that youve brought up a point of white knights "rescuing" me...yeah ill admit that i would love a guy to sweep me off my feet....but not financially...i better be able to support myself.( theres always a chance that something will happen and i better be ready for it). romance, shivelry and courteousy are all dying traits and what i most look for in a guy. Someone opening the car door, posting lil notes on the bathroom mirror for me to find is what i consider rescuing me....at least from the mundane.

All guys i know get very bored very fast with girls that have nothing upstairs. Looks fade. unfortunately there are pleanty of people that fit the stereotypical "guy"/"girl"....midlife crises happens and outward appearance are important to them....to an extreme. These people are seriously lacking things in their lives to justify this thought process. Maybe its because im older than most of the girls hanging out in the scene...maybe its because ive been around it for so long....but id rather have a guy who drives a hoopty that he loves and has pride in...than some guy who paid 80k for a car thats just a status symbol to him.

As for the original poster...if his intention was to improve his car to attract the opposite sex....forget about the car first off and work on yourself. The car is an EXTENTION of who you are....it doesnt make you who you are.

·
Registered
10,923 Posts
blacktraxgirl said:
i wasnt flaming you...sorry if you got that impression. I thought that the thread was mainly about what girls look for in a car. not a guys car. but now that youve brought up a point of white knights "rescuing" me...yeah ill admit that i would love a guy to sweep me off my feet....but not financially...i better be able to support myself.( theres always a chance that something will happen and i better be ready for it). romance, shivelry and courteousy are all dying traits and what i most look for in a guy. Someone opening the car door, posting lil notes on the bathroom mirror for me to find is what i consider rescuing me....at least from the mundane.

All guys i know get very bored very fast with girls that have nothing upstairs. Looks fade. unfortunately there are pleanty of people that fit the stereotypical "guy"/"girl"....midlife crises happens and outward appearance are important to them....to an extreme. These people are seriously lacking things in their lives to justify this thought process. Maybe its because im older than most of the girls hanging out in the scene...maybe its because ive been around it for so long....but id rather have a guy who drives a hoopty that he loves and has pride in...than some guy who paid 80k for a car thats just a status symbol to him.

As for the original poster...if his intention was to improve his car to attract the opposite sex....forget about the car first off and work on yourself. The car is an EXTENTION of who you are....it doesnt make you who you are.
HAHA! No, you didn't flame me; I was just expecting
one, from some one :lol. But I agree with what you've
just said, anyway.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Straight up style. It doesn't matter if you get there fast or slow... just as long as you be rollin' up in style. Speed is just a perk.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
funny thing...i started this thread like eons ago and its still going on strong. i only expected like maybe 20 responses but now its on page 5 crazy huh. ive realized this. there are the few but rare girls who like the engine setup of a car. and there are those who like the (ohhh, it has shinny thingies and sparkles) looks of a car. it comes down to, "to each his or her own!!" im out later days. Gilrs keep on racing and if your lookin for some1 to race into the sun with send me a PM or somethin' L8er days.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Sonny Cheeba said:
im just curious, what do girls look for in a car looks,performance or what just asking, let me know. i know this is the girl racer garage thats why im posting it here.
personally i like cars that are sleepers, something that u would look at as watever and as any other car on the road .. but when some asshole pisses u off or trys to pick on u while driving u can show him wat u really got under da hood an leave that fool dazed kekeke :D

·
Registered
7 Posts
re: flashy rides = big egos

Even though I like a sweet ride for myself, I go for guys with simple cars as I've always found the more flashier the car a guy drives, the bigger his ego tends to be. I don't like to deal with men with big ego's, therefor a guy with a simple car that he takes care, is clean inside and drives well is what I go for!

Good luck to the original poster!
- fastchick

·
Registered
295 Posts
I have to date car guys...plain and simple! It's one thing when my friends have no clue what I'm talking about when it comes to cars...but I would need my bf to understand and be somewhat the same way I am when it comes to cars...just because it's a big part of my life!

I'm more into the performance of my car....but I like it to look good at the same time! I know all girls are different...same as guys...whether it be a show car or a race car...we're all kinda doing the same thing! :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
EJ1 Freak said:
I have to date car guys...plain and simple! It's one thing when my friends have no clue what I'm talking about when it comes to cars...but I would need my bf to understand and be somewhat the same way I am when it comes to cars...just because it's a big part of my life!

I'm more into the performance of my car....but I like it to look good at the same time! I know all girls are different...same as guys...whether it be a show car or a race car...we're all kinda doing the same thing! :)
ditto :D

·
Registered
118 Posts
Sonny Cheeba said:
im just curious, what do girls look for in a car looks,performance or what just asking, let me know. i know this is the girl racer garage thats why im posting it here.
Performance is #1 on my list. I definitly want my car to look nice but I am more into racing then cosmetics.

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
Sonny Cheeba said:
funny thing...i started this thread like eons ago and its still going on strong.
Actually, loser, it was dead for over a year before you dug it back up.
:number1

How about just getting the car you want and doing what you want with it? My... isn't that original?
Then you can tell any girl that is shallow / superficial enough to either like you or not like you based on your choice of cars to fuck off. Unless that's what you're looking for (and judging by the nature of your first post, you'll take whatever you can get).

Common interest is one thing, but liking the car instead of the person is another.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
blacktraxgirl said:
Cliff notes:
1.My car needs to be fast yet comfortable.
2.My guy needs to have a GREAT personality...his car doesnt matter.
My problem with this most guys i meet think its cool that i know my shiat until they realize i know more than they do about whats under my hood...or worse....whats under theirs.
3. Most guys hit on me because of my car...so does that make my car a hottie magnet?
Well, I wouldn't hit on you because of your car. Granted, I'd be very impressed by it. There's just something to a cute girl with a well tuned ride. As for knowing less then a girl, I tend to have a tendency to "dumb" myself down about cars when I first meet someone because I want to see if they are for real. Guess that makes me shallow :( Oh ya, your car is hot. What was the direction of tuning you took on it when you decided to build it up?

Reactions: EJ1 Freak

·
Registered
295 Posts
-=Zeqs=- said:
As for knowing less then a girl, I tend to have a tendency to "dumb" myself down about cars when I first meet someone because I want to see if they are for real. Guess that makes me shallow :(
Personally I don't consider that shallow...I've met a lot fo girls who have tried to impress guys by acting like they know about cars...when all they do is agree with whatever the guy says! It gets really annoying so I don't blame you for doing this at all!

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
EJ1 Freak said:
Personally I don't consider that shallow...I've met a lot fo girls who have tried to impress guys by acting like they know about cars...when all they do is agree with whatever the guy says! It gets really annoying so I don't blame you for doing this at all!
Well, I do this with anyone, guys or girls. I just like to see if they are for real or are just part of the bandwagon. At the same time, I really dig girls that are interested in learning and would want to impress me...kinda flattering I guess. Oh well, maybe someday I'll meet a girl that'll let me sweep her off her feet. Hopefully she'll have a ride that she'll try to pass me up with :hug

·
Registered
295 Posts
-=Zeqs=- said:
Well, I do this with anyone, guys or girls. I just like to see if they are for real or are just part of the bandwagon. At the same time, I really dig girls that are interested in learning and would want to impress me...kinda flattering I guess. Oh well, maybe someday I'll meet a girl that'll let me sweep her off her feet. Hopefully she'll have a ride that she'll try to pass me up with :hug
Hahaha....I actually kinda do that when guys approach me...just to see if they do know what they're talking about! You'd be surprised the kinds of things guys will come up to me and say...not sure if they're trying to impress me or what...but some of it's hilarious....they'll ask if I have NOS etc...hahaha!!! Ok honestly what real car person walks up to a car and asks if they have nos?? Anyways I doubt you'll have a hard time finding a girl that will let you sweep her off her feet...I think almost every girl wants that! lol

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
EJ1 Freak said:
Hahaha....I actually kinda do that when guys approach me...just to see if they do know what they're talking about! You'd be surprised the kinds of things guys will come up to me and say...not sure if they're trying to impress me or what...but some of it's hilarious....they'll ask if I have NOS etc...hahaha!!! Ok honestly what real car person walks up to a car and asks if they have nos?? Anyways I doubt you'll have a hard time finding a girl that will let you sweep her off her feet...I think almost every girl wants that! lol
Haha! I've had soooo many people ask me if I've got nitrous. Well...I did...but ya...now they are asking my friends if I have nitrous, which is kinda funny because I tell them the truth, which they refuse to hear and won't be happy until someone tells them that I do :bash

I guess the sweeping a girl off her feet deal is like Will Smith's line in Hitch. Any girl telling you that she doesn't want to be swept off her feet is LYING. You just gotta find the right broom.

Oh well, good luck players.

61 - 80 of 108 Posts