Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

81 - 100 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Nice ride btw :btu I'm thinking about sticking with the SOHC VTEC setup on the project hatch as well.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
EJ1 Freak said:
I say go for it...it'll be much sweeter when you beat those dohc's! ;)

What are you running in it now?
Well...I have a 6th gen coupe and a 6th gen hatch that my brother and I own. We both wanted to build it up so that it looks clean, and we can take it to the drag strip or the road courses. My personal goal though at this time is to make the hatch FASTER then my coupe. Long ways to go though at this rate :(

It'll be hard beating the DOHC's. All my friends with their's are in the sub 14's. With two of them in the 12's, daily driven.

·
Registered
295 Posts
-=Zeqs=- said:
Well...I have a 6th gen coupe and a 6th gen hatch that my brother and I own. We both wanted to build it up so that it looks clean, and we can take it to the drag strip or the road courses. My personal goal though at this time is to make the hatch FASTER then my coupe. Long ways to go though at this rate :(

It'll be hard beating the DOHC's. All my friends with their's are in the sub 14's. With two of them in the 12's, daily driven.
Sounds good! Damn I wish I had your friends...hahaha!!! Build it up and boost it and you'll be pretty damn close! ;)

Sorry for taking this off topic! :)

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
I guess back to the original question...the hatch is sporting the Y7 block with a ported Y8 head, junk2 manifold, B-series throttle body, oversized ferrea valves, Comp Cams valvesprings, and a Y8 tranny. I'm debating if I should try and rebuild the Y8 block again. That's already been a disasterous money-pit twice now.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
:D Ya, sorry for thread jacking.

EJ1 Freak <- :hug kicks ass. you taken? :p

·
Registered
295 Posts
-=Zeqs=- said:
I guess back to the original question...the hatch is sporting the Y7 block with a ported Y8 head, junk2 manifold, B-series throttle body, oversized ferrea valves, Comp Cams valvesprings, and a Y8 tranny. I'm debating if I should try and rebuild the Y8 block again. That's already been a disasterous money-pit twice now.
I say stick with the mini me...why build it back up esp if you've already had so many problems with the y8 block! What b-series tb are you running?

-=Zeqs=- said:
:D Ya, sorry for thread jacking.

EJ1 Freak <- :hug kicks ass. you taken? :p
Nope!

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
EJ1 Freak said:
I say stick with the mini me...why build it back up esp if you've already had so many problems with the y8 block! What b-series tb are you running?
Running a GSR throttle body on the hatch right now. I'll probably end up picking up my friend's SPOON TB soon, and I'll throw a ITR on on the hatch then.

EJ1 Freak said:
How's about giving me your number and I'll call you up sometime? :aww

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
:fear gonna get my ass kicked for thread jacking again...

·
Registered
168 Posts
"Hey, your breasts are incredible; are they real?", acceptable? :D
EDIT: I understand what you're saying, and may I say, you
look so beautiful in that light :D!

now thats just funny :giggle

·
Registered
10,272 Posts
blacktraxgirl said:
Cliff notes:
1.My car needs to be fast yet comfortable.
2.My guy needs to have a GREAT personality...his car doesnt matter.
My problem with this most guys i meet think its cool that i know my shiat until they realize i know more than they do about whats under my hood...or worse....whats under theirs.
3. Most guys hit on me because of my car...so does that make my car a hottie magnet?
I would hit on girls with nicely modified cars, not necessarily because of the car, but because we have similar interests.

I'm paranoid and shy...sometimes have trouble talking to girls....almost ALL the time when they are superhot, so if I see that we have something to talk about there's no way in hell i'm going to pass that up. At the very least I need practice talking with hotties to get myself more comfortable. Too many years as an internal stoner kid has made me a loner in college. glad i'm done with teh pot now heheh :p

·
Registered
10 Posts
I enjoyed reading every post and i think everyone has at least one point or two. i could care less that my girl or my wife likes or dislikes my good or bad car or my hobbies. as long as I know she loves me and i love her ... im happy

bkcvc99--->brooklyn, NY

·
Registered
133 Posts
I havent read the whole thred, but what I find alot in my area at least, is that, if its rice, and has big chrome rims, and a body kit with flashy paint.. they dig it, and you

·
Registered
117 Posts
ok so.. yes i am drooling.. those supras are hott..

and HONESTLY.......... i MET my b/f BECAUSE of his CAR...........i was just doing some random searches on myspace and saw some guy sitting on his prelude.. and well im a sucker for preludes.. so i messaged him asking some questions about it.. and we started out just friends with an interest for cars.. which turned into more.. and we've been together for 2years && have a baby now (lol sorry i know its boring haha)

but yea there are girls out there that just want some guy with a sexy car so it can make her look better.. and theres others with some interest in the car.. but really into the guy..

it DOES really depend on the girl....

i say i just got lucky.. i got both ;)

·
Registered
12 Posts
I am not a major fan on exterior or interior looks. I prefer the stock sleeper. I am obsessed with performance, not with what type of wing you have or where you got your body kit and for how much. Sure aerodynamics or whatever but it's under the hood, suspension, tires that make the difference too me. Supercharged Honda Civic? Wow. I'd love to see it go on the strip because I have never seen a SC or TC Civic in person before. I am new to the VTEC and I don't know really exactly what it means other than the definition of VTEC but I am reading up on that :p

I'd rather pull up to someone else and have them guessing what I have under the hood from the sincere notes from my exhaust with my stock everything on the exterior, except for tires, rims and sure an upgraded sound system cause I always have to be listening to music, proper suspension setup, etc. but other than that... all about whats under the hood and how it handles... not about the colour matching interior.. etc. Not that anything is wrong with that.. each too their own, right? :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
i look for looks, speed and kick... meaning when i floor it how does the car respond. i like to make sure the car isnt too big because im tiny at only 5'3". it has to have a smooth ride and look sharp. i had a mazda 6 which i hated and i always said that it made me look like a soccer mom. now with my rsx it's small are sharp and nice pick up. i love it

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #99
its to hard to find the girls that are into the performance aspect. Most girls i've ran into are more into the BMW badge and does it have wood grain w/ a hefty price tag. There was one girl I met and she had asked if my DC4 had the LS or GSR in it. She had potential..alas she quit her job and I haven't seen her since.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I am not too sure what is so special about a vehicle that is driven by the opposite or same sex (whichever you prefer) that has an expensive price tag wrapped around the antenna and a gold encased ignition key.. I wouldn't feel right driving around in someone else's accomplishment.. Sure BMW's are nice cars. I would personally love a Honda S2000 or a Porsche, Lexus... etc. I cannot lie I do like the looks of some exterior modifications but it just needs to stay clean and actually have some kind of purpose.... does it help with aerodynamics or fuel economy? I hear alot of people say that aerodynamics/body kits don't belong in the same sentence.. I am not 100% sure I can agree with that one.

Either way,
I don't know what the big attraction is to a male/female with a big wallet, expensive car that is bone stock under the hood.. or just the fact that he has a big wallet and an expensive car alone wouldn't sucker me in.

I guess it's just for those who want that "rich man, easy life.." path.. but each to there own.. We will all just get more out of life and enjoy it more :p

81 - 100 of 108 Posts