Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys... hopin you can lend a hand here. i've finally decided what i want to do with my car and i have a couple questions.

i've got an 88 rex dx, with the d15b2... instead of doing a b series swap, i've decided to make a mini-me setup by keeping my existing block and doing a transplant on the head. gonna go with a d16a6 from my local yard and have it rebuilt.

here's the questions...

1. what other parts do i need to get from the yard? my car's currently dpfi.

2. when rebuilding the head, what parts should i have replaced? i'm guessing a new cam (from who?), but from there i have no clue.

3. does anyone make a better piston for the d15b2 block? i want decent compression, but i want to remain on pump gas without problems.

4. what are your opinions on msd's sci system? is it worth picking up, or is it a waste?

5. would a daily driven car benefit from an oil cooler?

thanks for your patience guys, i know it's a lot of questions but i definately appreciate your time and help.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Goto civic tech > dseries tech on the forum and you'll find all of your answers.

You may need the a6 timing belt and you are probably going to need ecu if you plan on swapping intakes, which i'm sure you are, as for the cam. check out the dseries tech

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.