Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
tell me what ya think of this system i want

2 rockford 12 hx2 punch with a power 1500.1bd amp.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
how much are you spending on them? have you bought the stuff yet? no doubt they will get loud, but we can probably find something louder and cleaner out there:)

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i found everything for like 900

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
are you going to port those rockford? if you are..i can find better sounding subs and just as loud for cheaper. :)

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well ive done a lil more thinkin and i just wanna go with one 12 now, i dont wanna go def i just want something thats gonna sound good.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
perfect! i can find you an amp/sub combo that won't go over $900!! here it goes..

(1) 12" adire audio Brahma- $379 shipped
http://www.ampmanaudio.com/products/details.asp?id=911

(1) JBL 1200.1 amplifier- $275 shipped with coupon code DRB5
http://bsless.com/bp1200-1.html

TOTAL-$654 shipped

both sites are reliable. this system will definatley be loud, and sound VERY good also (given good box size, etc) to get the best sound quality, go for a 1.0 cubic feet sealed box with 24 ounce of polyfill. this is the recommendation i got from adire audio. doing this will get a QTC of about .707:eek:

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hey thanx man, what kind of cap would you recommend?

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
http://thezeb.com/caraudio/lightningaudiocaps.html

you have the choice of the 1 farad that is one sale with the digital display for the 1 farad for 79.99 without. shipping is $6.95. these amps are more efficient than class A/B amps, so the 1 farad should work fine with the amp.

also, lightning audio is probably the best cap there is. they offer the lowest ESR of any cap. that means faster discharging when needed and fast recharging to get the power you need.

usually..for every 1000 watts RMS you have, a 1 farad cap should be used. so if you have 500 watts RMS, a .5 farad cap should suffice. now the JBL amp cranks out close to 1400 watts RMS at 14.4 volts (2 and 1 ohm). now you can get an extra .5 farad cap if you want to. its not required, but you can if you want. like i said..these JBL amps are more efficient so they won't choke the electrical system of your car. good luck!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
cool man thanx for all the help:D

·
Registered
424 Posts
u should look at the beyond audio INHUMAN, they just came out with new 12's i just got them..... the inhuman will be louder then the Brahma(herd lots of ppl are disapointed in the inabilatly for the Brahma to get loud) it will be close the the sq of the brahma, and the customer service is amazing from beyond audio.... got to beyondaudio.ca.tc and go on the forum.... plus u can get sweet help for making boxs on that forum...

hope this helps

·
Registered
424 Posts
pharcyde93 said:
what ever you do, stay away from RF!!! they are like jensen with the RF logo.
very wrong rf makes good stuff they are just way over priced......... they make sweet amps to.........

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
71 mgb said:
very wrong rf makes good stuff they are just way over priced......... they make sweet amps to.........
yea..i wouldn't touch RF subs, but only their older amps. a 500a2 will make 700 watts RMS with the right voltage:eek:

also..as for the beyond audio inhuman. i would love to recommend that sub, but the original poster doesn't want to go deaf and doesn't need to be all that loud:D ssssssssssoooooooo.........the brahma would be a good choice, since he wants something nice to heard (better SQ given optimal box) anyways..how much space do those inhuman take up? how much can you find the 12" for? i was hoping to get the quad coil 10" and get (forgot his name but the owner of Beyond audio) him to recoil it so it'll handle 15,000watts RMS for burps:cool: talk about sleeper...:)

·
Registered
424 Posts
GSteg said:
yea..i wouldn't touch RF subs, but only their older amps. a 500a2 will make 700 watts RMS with the right voltage:eek:

also..as for the beyond audio inhuman. i would love to recommend that sub, but the original poster doesn't want to go deaf and doesn't need to be all that loud:D ssssssssssoooooooo.........the brahma would be a good choice, since he wants something nice to heard (better SQ given optimal box) anyways..how much space do those inhuman take up? how much can you find the 12" for? i was hoping to get the quad coil 10" and get (forgot his name but the owner of Beyond audio) him to recoil it so it'll handle 15,000watts RMS for burps:cool: talk about sleeper...:)
im not sure what retail on the sub is but i am sellng mine in 3 weeks, they are brand new custom subs build for street 1-2, Don (owner of beyond audio) is using my subs for testing so they are rare right now:).... he doesnt "recoil" the subs he adds more stiff spider to rase the fs of the speaker and make it able to hable the power..... i tryd to move triple spider 18" i put all my waight on it and it would barly move :) they they sound like ass for dail driving but they are lud as shit............. if u want any more info on beyond audio i can hook u up with the guys to talk to......

peace

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
71 mgb said:
im not sure what retail on the sub is but i am sellng mine in 3 weeks, they are brand new custom subs build for street 1-2, Don (owner of beyond audio) is using my subs for testing so they are rare right now:).... he doesnt "recoil" the subs he adds more stiff spider to rase the fs of the speaker and make it able to hable the power..... i tryd to move triple spider 18" i put all my waight on it and it would barly move :) they they sound like ass for dail driving but they are lud as shit............. if u want any more info on beyond audio i can hook u up with the guys to talk to......

peace
there you go! its don! lol..PM me on how much you can get the 10" quad coil inhuman for. also the DVC. do you know how much it cost to stiffen the spider up? thanks!

·
Registered
424 Posts
i will talk to don and see what i can do for ya, i will pm u in the next day or 2...... dons busy building subs for world finals so its abit of a wate

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
i was on the BA forum and don or one of the mods there mentioned that there is no charge for the spider/coil option. looking for a 10". it should suprise a few people after i hook it up with a JBL 1200.1 PER COIL!:eek: by the way..whats the impedence on your inhuman?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts