Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

· Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yes i kno what the meaning n style is.. but what do you guys consider "JDM"? does your car have to be modded uP w/ j-spec parts? do you have to have a swap to consider your ride in the style of "JDM"...? does your car have to be like shawn hilliers ek9[for u SO. Cali JDM whores ] :D to have your car be considered as "JDM"... just wondering on what u guys think... :rolleyes:

· Registered
3,140 Posts
I only like some aspects of jdm style, not all. I like the black wheels style and "form follows function". I like smooth lines and a clean look, but not all of these black parts. I think its tight when the car has all color matching parts on black stocks or some spoon wheels. I like all the jdm engine and suspension stuff though.

· Registered
96 Posts
i think that the term JDM has really evolved in the last few years, to me JDM is when a car is made up, japanese production style, meaning it has the exhaust mounted on the left side(in most cases) lights are made to be amber ( since most cars there come with clear lights there alternative is to get colored ones) "form follows function" body parts and other such things that we lack here

now and days it seems like the term JDM is leaning more towards a clean well balanced car, that can haul ass and look good at the same time

...im not sure where im goin with this but you kidna get my point

· Registered
83 Posts
Yeah, I would have to agree will all of you. Here in the US, true JDM is not really possible, unless like said above, you import a car from japan (a friend of mine just got his R-33 gtr!!). But many of us try to model as much as we can from the japanese cars. I think in a way that it is cooler than just having one imported...lots more work anyway. But I think that in many cases, jdm parts are too over rated. For example, have have seen a few dyno sheets (in magazine as well as from friends) about the differences in power with JDM parts and aftermarket manufacurers. The aftermarket parts make considerable more power than the oem parts. And they are usually around the same price. That to me is info worth knowing...

· Registered
1,880 Posts
To me, JDM is a type of style. Its funny how American companies make products and slap a JDM label on it. But in other areas such as JDM aftermarket, its freakin' expensive to import that shit but its good to know that it came from a company that completely dedicates itself to Hondas like Spoon and Mugen. Hey, no other company knows Honda as well as they do, right?

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.