Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
4,633 Posts
meh, too big. See the 400 recent turbo threads lol for reasons (Teg, Civic, Turbo, and All Motor forums...you'll have a bunch to choose from).

· Registered
4,633 Posts
lol, bump as in 'bump to the top of the page cuz you just made a post'.

Find a builder/tuner in your area. Usually custom piping isn't all that expensive to get going. You can purchase a nice turbo, then get an intercooler kit on eBay or wherever. Then you just need a turbo header that fits your engine, and that has a flange to fit the turbo you choose. The rest of the stuff you can probably find in accessory kits or on their own.

If you want to go with one of those T3/T4 kits, you can go for it. The car will feel pretty quick, and you'll make some crazy peak power near redline. The downside is that your dragstrip times will be pretty shitty for the power you're supposedly making.

I've driven in two cars with the big 60 trim T3/T4. They were both scary fast...at above 5000rpm...in 2nd/3rd gear. No traction in 1st gear. So, in order to have any fun at all, you reallllly had to be breaking the speed limit big time. There wasn't any pep at all for slight throttle applications while in traffic, weaving in and out of traffic like an asshole lol...just nothing in the mid-range around town. You have to get it out onto the highway, and hope there aren't any cops around ready to throw your ass in jail. If you don't mind cranking up the speed on the highway...the car will be insane fast with the T3/T4. So up to you.

Make friends with people who have turbo'd Hondas. Take a ride in their car...see if it's what you like.

· Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yE A BUT I need a DD app. that will last. I would love to have that T3 /4 set up, and just use it on the track and I know boost is addicting but I would try to lay a lil low on teh streets. Plus Im keeping it An OEM SlEeper. cant wait to paint. Going for the color of your integra, pretty much gloss black.

· Registered
4,633 Posts
Heh heh, I love the color of my car when it's waxed, or when it's dark outside....the "Black Currant Pearl" really shines. But, when it's a gloomy day, or if the car isn't completely washed, there's not getting away that the car is just a plain flat PURPLE hahaha. For that reason, when I repaint it, I want to use the OEM paint code, but take it a few shades darker so it isn't a ghey purple when it's not washed/waxed.

If you just bolt on the turbo kit, and tune it right, you'll have a reliable daily driver running that big T3/T4 at the stock wastegate setting of 6psi. You'll make around 260whp peak. You'll really have to get on it to have any fun...and you'll probably run low 15s at the track (whereas my little 175whp wouldn't even break a sweat running low 15s). Up to you, and the amount of money you have, and the resources of the builders where you live.

There's no denying that those kits with the big turbos are fun to drive. The issue is just if you're going to spend a big chunk of change on that kit, it just kinda sucks when you look back and realize your car is technically slower than a LOT of cars with half the power. It FEELS faster than most things on the street at times...but it's just plain slow...when you look at the numbers. It's something you'll realize after a few months...and hopefully you aren't upset about what you spent to get what you have.

So take into account all that when making your decision, and just make sure you'll be happy with it down the road.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.