Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i have finally decided to upgrade my car's suspension as my first mod. I've been researching a lot and finally decided on what i want. For springs, i'm going with Neuspeed Sport coupled with Tokico Illumina. What do you guys think of it?

I have considered full-coilover setups as well but they are just too expensive.
Even right now i can't afford the illumina's yet, which brings up a question. While it seems to me that people advised against buying aftermarket springs and use it on stock shocks, can i put in the neuspeed sport in my 05 accord with stock shocks? Or should i really just wait until i can get the illumina?

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
if you are planning in participating in any kinds of motorsports in the future (i.e. autocross, autocross, autocross he he he)...

i would recommend ground control sleeves w/ koni sport dampers.

best bang for the buck (not to mention, great quality) upgrade even when comparing them to more expensive full race setups...

and it's a race proven setup relied/recommended by many of us who participate in grassroots motorsports...

however, if you don't plan on any of this...
you'll be fine with neuspeed springs and tokicos... even the non-adjustable dampers...

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I probably won't be doing any racing. I just want to improve my car overall.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
in that case, you will be pleased with the ride of those neuspeed springs...

i had them on my civic as well...

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How well will be the stock shock handle the neuspeed? Probably not great huh... it's going to take me a while to be able to get the illuminas..

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
you should be alright with it temporarily...

i was in the same boat years ago when i was in college...
no money... (actually, things are still the same! ;) )

i had h&r race springs on my civic with stock dampers circa '98...
i never replaced my dampers until after i started working in 2001...

my shocks, unbelievably were still okay...
they weren't great, but they were still working...

i wouldn't chance it the way i did...
as soon as you possibly can, upgrade your dampers...

·
Registered
220 Posts
If you haven't bought the springs yet, play dumb and act like you don't even have enough money for -anything- at all, and try to keep saving. Meanwhile you can try to score more money to save somehow, and then when you have enough money, go re-look at your idea solution, and see if thats what you really still want to do (aka if you don't find a more economic solution such as a kit). Then look for whatever it is you decide on for a decent price. Don't forget that alot of the online Honda communities have Buy/Sell/Trade forums which are frequented by online retailers cutting good deals for forum members.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Years ago I had Neuspeed sports w/ Bilstein HD's on a 98 Civic.

It rode (nice and comfy) / handled (rolled in corners) like stock. The drop was uneven all around.

I quickly ditched the Neuspeed springs and installed GC's.

I'm installing GC (450f/500r) w/ Koni yellows tomorrow on my 95 hatch!

·
Registered
12,727 Posts
I like H&R sport springs....I like KYB AGX adj shocks. Koni yellows are good as well...but come with a hefty price tag.

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,366 Posts
if you're not planning on racing, you don't need adjustability. tokico blues or koni reds will be your best non-adjustable struts. stay away from the GR2's.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.