Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

· Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at one, and seriously considering buying it. Of course i would need the manual tranny and probably the abs(400 dollars) but if I decided to buy it, do you know of any other options? I own a 88 civ and it's REALLY slow. Just trying to get something newer, a bit faster, and really cheap. Maybe another new car is better?

· Registered
2,356 Posts
I don't like them at all.. If I was gonna buy a Focus, I'd want the SVT one, and even then I probably wouldn't buy it.. If I were you, I'd buy a newer Civic than what you what, maybe a cheap 5th gen and I'd do an engine swap.. You'd still probably be paying less than what you would for a Focus.. And, it'll be faster, and look better IMO..

· Registered
252 Posts
get a 5th gen(92 cause it would be the cheapest year and its the same style) and do a swap, b18c or b16a2, i have a 5th gen hatch and and im hoping to do a b18c5(i can dream) swap, it be way better then buying a queer ass focus, although if i had to get one i'd get the svt one and im sure it wont be cheap by comparision to what you could do to a 5th gen

· Registered
790 Posts
If you want a focus....Just wait for the si to come out next month. It looks exactly like the focus...and you know it will be a better car than a focus because it is a honda....and it will also kjeep its value over the years because it is a honda. If you get the focus, in a year it will only be worth $9,000 if your lucky.

· Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info

I really wanted to get e pretty new car that has a lot of potential. probably not another civic though. Oh yeah, I almost forgot to ask. What is up with the zetec thing in the focus? WTF? Is it comparable to vtec? It sure has a low hp rating if it is. It has 130hp and 135ft/lbs of torque. Gimme a turbo kit, and I'd have some pretty good times at the track, no?

· Registered
252 Posts
i have no clue what the zetec thing is, i dont care enough to look into it, but i would assume its just to sound like vtec and trick people into buying it, if you turbo just about anything you can get fairly decent 1/4 miles times, if you want something fairly new get a 99-00 SI, they are nice and fairly quick, i didnt realize they had such shitty hp/tq

· Registered
108 Posts
GayHatch said:
i have no clue what the zetec thing is, i dont care enough to look into it, but i would assume its just to sound like vtec and trick people into buying it.
Do you even know what Vtec is? Most cars now adays use some form of Vtec, but Honda was the first to mass produce a car with variable valve timing. Honda is the only company I know, besides ford now, to use it as a marketing technique.

· Registered
252 Posts
OR-G said:

Do you even know what Vtec is? Most cars now adays use some form of Vtec, but Honda was the first to mass produce a car with variable valve timing. Honda is the only company I know, besides ford now, to use it as a marketing technique.
duh no whats a vtec? i know that other makes have similar variable valve timing systems aside from toyota i think bmw has one too, but those are the only 3 i knew of, the point is that neither of those 2 companies named it something that sounds almost exactly like another companies

· Registered
1,455 Posts
Dont get a FORD at least if your gona get a SVT I say get another Honda wait till the new SI comes out!:D

· Registered
1,379 Posts
actually....porsche perfected the idea of variable valve timing in production cars.. our VTEC compared to their whatever they call it is like an on off switch. the i-vtec comes closer to what the porsche has, but i still think the porsche technology is more advannced.

· Registered
1,355 Posts
Bah. Useless, ugly, unoriginal piece of shit.

The Focus, along with the Spermfire, Crapalier, and Neon are all garbage cars that fail to bring anything new into the sport compact market that hasn't been done before. Not to mention the originators (namely Honda) have perfected it all.

Zetec? Puhleeeeeeeeeeeeeze.

FORD:

Fast
Only
Rolling
Downhill

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.