Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 5g HB with a b18 swap....also no traction.....my HB is sitting on 99 si wheels....so im gonna be looking at buying some 205/50/15 's....i need some suggestions on tires....
:confused:

· Registered
20,271 Posts
Scarface said:
How much do Nitto 555rs cost? Are they just for drag or just all around great daily driving tires?

just like any tire. u should be careful in the rain. lots of people in my town drive with nitto 55r daily. driving doesnt wear it out much. mostly the tread gets worn from burn outs and racing. as long as u keep the air pressure up for drving then it wont pop. make sure u drop it down for racing or it will be like any other tire. i drop mine down to like 20 psi when i run my car. mine still goes in the rain...but just safety issues be careful with them. dont drive 100 MPH and slam the breaks and expect it to stop.

· Registered
2,343 Posts
IMO it all depends on what kind of driving you are doing. If you are just gunna be going slow then why get like a Parada which is definately designed for on track use. I like my FZ4's for street driving.

At least I don't have to pay a shit load of $$$ every year on new tires.:)

· Registered
6,555 Posts
i have the Pirelli P7000 super sports and i they are better than other tires that i had before.

· Registered
6,555 Posts
babyduey said:
i'mma buy some 205/50ZR15 for my gsr stocks. they're FALKEN... dont know the exact name to them. i'll let y'all know as soon i find out.

FALKEN a trustworthy brand name or what?
dude i dont know which Falkens you're getting but i had the
Falken Ziex 502's and they were shit. i mean in rain i was all over the place. in snow they sucked. they were ok in dry weather.

· Registered
31 Posts
iLLeFFeKt CiViC said:

dude i dont know which Falkens you're getting but i had the
Falken Ziex 502's and they were shit. i mean in rain i was all over the place. in snow they sucked. they were ok in dry weather.

I have the Falken Ziex rite now on my GSR rims and they have a hard time grippin. Weird thing is the nitto450s that came with the GSR's performed better. I am gonna try out the Falken Azenis next.:D

· Registered
77 Posts
Go for Kuhmos, they're cheap, grip well in wet/dry conditions - and they look decent.

· Registered
20,271 Posts
Dezoris said:

Does that answer your question?

That does mine
"Just be careful"

Whats the point of buying something that does not perfrom, I dont want a product that I have to be carful with, just grip, that is what tires are for, the one fucking purpose, grip!
if hes wanting a good tire for all weather conditions then i would go with the kumhos. but for performance wise go with nitto 555r. i hadnt had any probelsm in the rain yet. but maybe its cuz they still have grip so i dont knoe. they handle good for me. as for normal tires i think kuhmos are great.

· Registered
92 Posts
asianpride559 said:

if hes wanting a good tire for all weather conditions then i would go with the kumhos. but for performance wise go with nitto 555r. i hadnt had any probelsm in the rain yet. but maybe its cuz they still have grip so i dont knoe. they handle good for me. as for normal tires i think kuhmos are great.

Kumho's have NO GRIP in the snow...its not an all-season tire..thats why i have stock rims on for the winter.
Yokohama Avid H4 is a good all-season performance tire..

· Registered
20,271 Posts
civ2000 said:

Kumho's have NO GRIP in the snow...its not an all-season tire..thats why i have stock rims on for the winter.
Yokohama Avid H4 is a good all-season performance tire..
my bad cuzz...we dont got snow in my town. i forgot people live in snowy areas. but in rain conditions kumhos are good. dont knoe bout snow. i never had the problem

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.