Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm selling my car next spring i want some opinions on what my car is worth. it's a 97 flamenco black pearl. automatic with 56,xxx miles. now here's the list of mods:

exterior: oem body kit, jdm fogs, clear bumper and blinker lights, OZ Racing Superleggera (17X7) with yokohama parada's, kyb agx 4-way adjustable, ground control coilovers, neuspeed front and rear sway bars, oem rear spoiler.

interior: tinted windows, oem carbon fiber kit, reverse indiglow gauges, autometer air/fuel, voltmeter, fuel pressure, nitrous pressure and water temperature gauges, sony ES x-plode head unit, MB Quart discus series 6.5" mids and 1" tweeters, 6X9 coaxials, Alpine V12 5 channel amplifier, M&K sound corporation 12" subwoofer (it's a company that makes high end home audio), manual shift boot and shift knob, custom door pods for the 6.5's.

engine: dc sports stainless header ceramic coated by jet-hot, greddy evo cat back exhaust, msd digital 6 ignition, msd blaster 3 coil, neuspeed plug wires, aem pullies, fuel rail and fuel pressure regulator, iceman intake (set up for short ram but cold air section is still in my garage), spoon sports 160 degree thermostat, spoon sports higher pressure radiator cap, fluidyne tranny cooler.

miscellaneous: neuspeed front upper strut bar, dc sports upper rear bar, xenondepot.com 6000K philips hid kit, piaa xtreme white h3c's for jdm fogs, venom vcn-1000 nitrous kit with nos bottle warmer, original "prelude" floor mats, oem "prelude" trunk mat, autometer dual gauge pillar pod.

i have put about 10 to $12,000 into it. i know i'm not going to get my money back on these so that's why i'm selling the car complete.

that's all i can think of right now. kelly blue book says my car is worth about 12,400 in excellent condition. it IS in excellent condition. check out some pictures at the address in my sig. i was going to start at $17,000 and go no lower than $15,500.
i would like HONEST input please! thanks a lot.

·
Registered
153 Posts
It sounds like a great setup, heres an idea, go on ebay, list it with a bunch of good pics, and give the low down like you just did, just set the reserve at a crazy high price that you know you wouldnt get, then see how high people are willing to go on it, and then you may be able to get a rough idea, ...i did it for my friends 85 monte ss, as far as hondas go, they hold thier value well, and if you are selling a modified one, you are most likely gonna get someone who is lookin for that setup so they dont have to do it themselves, i think you should have no problem shootin for $17k with the quality of mods that you have put into it

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the reply. i really want to stay local. i'd try to sell it now but winter is coming up and i know i'm not going to get what i want this late in the season. can i do the ebay thing without selling it?? thanks again.

·
Registered
153 Posts
road_head said:
thanks for the reply. i really want to stay local. i'd try to sell it now but winter is coming up and i know i'm not going to get what i want this late in the season. can i do the ebay thing without selling it?? thanks again.

yeah, put the reserve at like $30k or something, if they dont hit the reserve, you dont have to do anything, its just an experiment, ya know, to see how high people would be willing to go, but i think youll make out good on it

·
Registered
203 Posts
I sold my 99 Accord Coupe with Leather 5 speeds , 18 Volk Racing wheels , dual tanabe exhaust, full OEM bodykit, Eibach Prokit, upgraded Pionneer head unit + plus Speaker + 2 amp for 13000... 43000 mileage well .. good luck for your car. no matter how many mods you put into your car, it worthless

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
AccordC said:
no matter how many mods you put into your car, it worthless
i know and i'm finding it out the hard way.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
road_head said:
i know and i'm finding it out the hard way.
Personally, I wouldnt spend more than 1k over blue book, even with all your mods. To me, and a lot of people, they want the car, and dont really care about the mods. If your serious about selling, sell your aftermarket items individually, and make some money that way, and then ask blue book for your car. Although, around here, 97 ludes are still going for more than blue book.

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Why not part your car out and then sell it for the KBB

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i was considering parting it out. the only problem with that is that i don't have some of the stock parts. or when i replaced them, i damaged the old parts. i'm going to try to sell it as-is. if i can't, then i'm going to part it out. but i know i can get some good change for some of those parts, especially the oem body kit. i know if i spread the word in my area, i'll find some one who's parents have cash. that's my plan. there was a weekly import car show this summer that i took my car to. i got A LOT of positive comments and i know of a few people that are interested. we'll see. this isn't going down until the spring time anyway. thanks fellas for the input.

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
road_head said:
i was considering parting it out. the only problem with that is that i don't have some of the stock parts. or when i replaced them, i damaged the old parts. i'm going to try to sell it as-is. if i can't, then i'm going to part it out. but i know i can get some good change for some of those parts, especially the oem body kit. i know if i spread the word in my area, i'll find some one who's parents have cash. that's my plan. there was a weekly import car show this summer that i took my car to. i got A LOT of positive comments and i know of a few people that are interested. we'll see. this isn't going down until the spring time anyway. thanks fellas for the input.
u can always trade parts+ cash...........

lets say u want to sell your dc header..........ask them to ship a stock one w/heatshield and u sell the header for $100 as well

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i'd want to stay away from trading. there are just too many shady people out there. for example, i still have the stock header and heat shield. one thing comes to mind that i broke was one of the rear struts. i had to cut the top off because i stripped the hex part of the strut shaft. plus i have door pods for my speakers. so i have to get new grills. something like that i would trade. someone pm'd me the other day asking about them, so those could be sold in a heartbeat.

some more parts came to mind: viper alarm, blue LED conversion (did it myself). plus, who ever buys my car gets all of the stock parts. those include: wheels and tires, original lower and rear skirts, header, exhaust, radio and speakers. whatever was ripped out is still somewhere in my house/garage.

like i said earlier, if i can't sell it the way it is now, then i will part it out. i'll keep you guys posted in the coming months.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts