Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just bought this car wanted to know what you guys think i payed 3000

1988 HONDA CRX, 5-spd, 17" ICW wheels with P20540R17, adjustable suspension, new headers, dual mufflers, new ZC engine(imported 150hp), new windshield & side glass

oh and the original owner has been an engineer for snap on tools for 15 years and also he gave me all of the stock parts. :)

·
Banned
2,057 Posts
Things I don't like:
-Grill
-Fog lights
-Rims

Things I like:
-Color
-ZC engine (actually it has 130hp)
-Stockness

$3000 is the max I'd pay for that CR-X, and it better be mint. How much mileage is on it? (it's too blurry in the pic)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:confused this might sounds extreemly nooobish but he has the paper work for the zc engine and from what i read on the paper work(will scan and post) it has 147 or something close to that soemthing about its an automatic model oh and it only has 37000 miles on the engine (i had someone check this out) because he just got it instaled because the last engine got blown. :confused

·
Banned
2,057 Posts
You can ask anyone and search any site, the DOHC ZC engine came with 130hp. Maybe you have a different engine than the one I'm talking about? Post up a pic of the paper work, maybe we can figure this stuff out.

Either way, it sounds like you got yourself a good Rex.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
dident the si only come in this color that year??
and yes i am going to probably keep the body pretty stock axcept maibe put in lambo doors

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i think i made a mistake by saying it was 150 power stock but with the exaust a and the cold air intake it puts out about 150 does that sound about right?

·
Registered
8,463 Posts
You're looking at a little over 130hp at the fly wheel. ...But is it SOHC or DOHC?? The DOHC is 130 stock.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
the info i put above is about as much as i know maibe if you bgave me something to look for i could tell you

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
woble24 said:
i think i made a mistake by saying it was 150 power stock but with the exaust a and the cold air intake it puts out about 150 does that sound about right?
not even close. intake maybe 2-5hp if that, and exhaust another 5 if you're lucky.

things i dont like.
1. price, $3000 is way too much for a crx even in good condition.
2. exhaust. dual exhausts on that car or any 4cyl for that matter is stupid.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I don't agree yes it is useless but it looks good and nobody has it so why not be different. It doesn't sound any different. I have it with a spyder rear bumper and it looks great. plus its about what he likes so nobody should flame him for his opinion. RIGHT?!?!?!?

By the way its a nice car and have fun driving it thats the best part. :tu

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
nycehonda said:
plus its about what he likes so nobody should flame him for his opinion. RIGHT?!?!?!?

nobody flamed him. we all just gave our 2 cents about his car.
he asked, we told. nothing more, nothing less. :D

·
Registered
59 Posts
It is a dam nice car! I would have paid about 25-2800 for it but not much of a diff. so that doesn't matter. The rims, car itself, everything looks good.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Clean, straight body. If the interior is clean I'd say it's worth it.
I got dual exhaust too, but that's just because the guy before me had em on there. Will be the first to go when I can...sounds fine but I just don't like it because serves no purpose and the right side doesn't have an exhaust space. :rolleyes
i wouldn't have payed 3000 for it. not really a fan of crx's but nice though.
are you lost? You're on a CRX forum :idiots

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Dub N Rex said:
Clean, straight body. If the interior is clean I'd say it's worth it.
I got dual exhaust too, but that's just because the guy before me had em on there. Will be the first to go when I can...sounds fine but I just don't like it because serves no purpose and the right side doesn't have an exhaust space. :rolleyes
are you lost? You're on a CRX forum :idiots
actualy i have never seen the interior of a car this age so perfect before looks brand new the only thing wrong with it is that the dash around were the sterio is is messed up because he had the radio stollen thats also why it has new windows and for some odd reason there is and exhaust space for both exaust and i think it look great so i think i will keep them the only things im going to change on the body are
1. get it repainted the same color there are a couple of places that ahve chips.
2. i mihgt get 16in wheels for the front instead of having all 17s.
3. im going to have the windows tinted not sure what style yet im up for any input on that too.

[/QUOTE]:rolleyes are you lost? You're on a CRX forum :idiots[/QUOTE]
i was about to say that! :clap

1 - 20 of 30 Posts