Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i bought the civic to get my dad off my back about racing. but his catching on that i'm about to blow 4g's for an engine hopefully a spoon engine:D . but yeah i get the save your money you don't need liablitys speech. well my dad has money but refuses to spend any of it and likes me working on my car but hates me wasting money on mods. what do your parents say or think

·
Registered
180 Posts
My wife doesn't like me putting money into my 1995 civic. She says that it is too old and that I should buy a new or newer one so that it is still worth something. I say why, the car is paid for and is in excellent condition. The mods I make will increase the value of the car.

·
Registered
518 Posts
my mom loves my car, especially the interior, she thinks im creative and she thinks my car is "beautiful". (so do i, sometimes). my dad i dont think even notices half the stuff ive done to it, when i bought my wheels, he didnt understand why i even wanted new wheels. and he's ridden in it with me, but i think it scares him. one day we were in the living room talking and he saw a hatchback or something and he was like "is your car a hatchback or a coupe?" and he knows what a hatchback is, and he knows what a coupe is, and my car is in the driveway every morning when he leaves for work for the past two years, but he still didnt know which it was.:confused: :D

·
Registered
39 Posts
1995Civic said:
My wife doesn't like me putting money into my 1995 civic. She says that it is too old and that I should buy a new or newer one so that it is still worth something. I say why, the car is paid for and is in excellent condition. The mods I make will increase the value of the car.
95 civic is too old?????? it's only 7 yrs........:confused:

·
Registered
98 Posts
my daddy likes my car :)
i guess it's being japanese, he loves JDM style cars, so he likes mine.
my mommy.. hates it. she refuses to give me extra spending money cos she thinks i'll live off instant noodles just so i can buy car parts :rolleyes:

·
Registered
85 Posts
My mom famous line is "what is wrong with the ones you have".
Of course nothing but i want to have them. And she also doesn't understand y i need a tv in my car.
She totals hates modded cars!!

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
before i use to have a civic si and my mom always said that it looks like a toy :) with the white rims and graphics :) since then, ive moved out of my house and no more hassle :) now i have a bf who want me to put every thing i have in my cars :) the irony

·
Registered
510 Posts
My mom thinks I should have kept the car the way it was, my daddy on the other hand is the one who s/c'ed it and bought me my bodykit for Christmas, so that will tell you about him. I want a Lexus now for Graduation, so my daddy said he'd keep my civ as part of his collection of cars.

·
Registered
8,520 Posts
My mom thinks it all it pointless. :(

·
Registered
92 Posts
My dad think I need a new muffler cause it's loud. Little does he know it is a new muffler. (Tanabe racing Medallion)

My mom can't get out of my car cause it's too low.

·
Registered
5 Posts
i just got a 2000 Civic EX about two months ago. its still mostly stock. I want to drop a JDM H22A into it, which will run me about $3000 - 5000. My parents think i should save for college instead of "wasting" it on my car. Yeah right The faster the car is the faster i'll get there. Thats what I tell them!

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
jal2KCivEXjal said:
My parents think i should save for college instead of "wasting" it on my car. Yeah right The faster the car is the faster i'll get there. Thats what I tell them!

haha:D

LAblue,

I can:) tell you:) like :) smilies:)

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
GirlieGirlGSR said:
My mom famous line is "what is wrong with the ones you have".
That's what my mom says too... I needed tires cuz mine are worn to the bone. So I suggested that she can give me that "tire money" and help me save for rims...

But she hates me doing crap to my car since my brother did crap to his car and his car had many problems. His tires would blow constantly, this shocks kept dying on him, his engine was being all gay and crap... So it's all his fault... blast you...

The only one who supports me is my brother and my sister's boyfreind... WOO HOO!

1 - 20 of 106 Posts