Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

61 - 80 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
my mom would rather see me save money for college rather than spend it on my car....but she does let me take the xtra money for my car...she likes my teg but she will NOT drive wit me...she gets too nervous...she respects what i do wit my car tho...
my daddy is a different story tho...he bugs me bout doin more to it!!:D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Both of my parents love my car. My mom doesn't understand my obsession...but she thinks it's cool I work on it myself and change the oil. My dad has always been into V8's and I was before I got my prelude. I have built motors with him so he has no problem with it. They like it b/c it's all my own money and I take care of it myself.

·
Registered
162 Posts
My mom calls me a grease monkey and thinks its strange for a girl to be into cars, but she likes what i've done.
My dad thinks its all a big waste of money. His famous line is "If I had known you'd be putting this much money into an already beautiful car I would have made you buy something cheaper."

The funny part of it all is that they'll come inside and be like "Your car looks different." Half the time I have to tell them what it is thats different and then they end up liking it.

'99 Accord Coupe EX

·
Registered
435 Posts
My parents really dont care, Either that or i just keep ignorin them:rolleyes: Well my dad is interested cause im learning about the car he also bought it for me, My mom thinks my car is ugly, She's whack, She only likes new cars.

My dad likes to say his 86 nissan 200sx is better than my 90 integra GS, he likes to brag or maybe he's jealous?:D

·
Registered
76 Posts
My parents don't care. I am 35 with 3 kids of my own...not everyone on this board is a teeny bopper or early twenty something with nothing but time and money to spend on their car.
:sleep:

·
Registered
756 Posts
My dad:
-always says this: "drive safely"
-he gets pissed when he hears stories from other people about me running fast...ie. 100+
-"i heard your car when you where about 5 miles away! and you were hauling ass. you better slow your ass down!" ...i was running a straight header...oops!
-he's basically shocked at the fact that i buy/install/swap everything myself, because he has no mechanical ability whatsoever, hmmm...wonder where i get it from then? when i swapped out trannies/clutch/flywheel that was a real eye opener for him... he's also encouraging me to get into organized events now...and he said he'd get me a set of air tools for christmas to help me out!!! :D

My mom:
-so what did you do now?...it looks good.
-that makes it faster right? you don't need to be drag racing that's dangerous.
-oh so you want to stop faster because you....werre speeding?
-can i borrow the valentine radar detector this weekend?
-don't speed!
-my mom bought me the valentine v1 as a birthday present...go figure. :rolleyes:

stepdad:
-so that makes it faster right? so you can finally take curves at 90mph then?

stepmom:
-so how fast does it go? no, really...how fast does it go? wow, it goes that fast? cool. :D

my uncle(he races lay down enduro karts and flies AND has a mod'ed Q45): :D
-after driving it: "yeah i got it up to 135, the transmission or clutch feels like it's about to go out"(duh....), "it handles REALLY good, i'm impressed", "nice stereo", "you need to go to road atlanta sometime..."

·
Registered
45 Posts
i got fucked out of a better car my perents wouldent let me buy a Impreza WRX so i got a civic i like it and all but WRX are my fav car so in 3 years im selling my car and putting the money into a new STi :) but my mom thiks its cool that i get stuff for my car and acually got me a job at her office so i can get some more $$$ for it i just got a AEM intake so i got a nice sound and she loves it but wont drive with me. my dad hasnt seen my car in real life b/c he lives to far away but he likes what i showed him online and have done to it but he thinks i should not spend money on my car but i disagree :) I LOVE CARS

·
Registered
217 Posts
I haven't done any mods, so I'm not sure how they would feel about it. However they do love my car!

My dad has a 89 lude and I fell in love with that car. He's the one that helped me find my 91 lude. When I got it he was like, "I'm jealous, yours is better than mine!" he he he

BTW: I have to agree with del_parker.....HP.com withdrawal sucks!

·
Registered
756 Posts
dilligaph said:
my parents dont understand why i spend money on my car for things other than maintenance.
heh...putting 17s on the car could be construed as "maintenance"....you needed new tires and well what do you? the tires came with wheels! hehe :D

·
Registered
83 Posts
i've had my sol for about a month now... my parents didn't like it ever since i started searching for it... but actually when i told them i wanted a stick shift.. they were cool with it (which really really REALLY surprised me)... but my dad kept trying to convince me to get a camry (not a chance!~ :p )... parents think my car is too small. but hey they can't b1tch i paid for it myself.... haven't had money to make mods (went broke after i bought the car. lol)...

so bottom line, they would have like it if i got another car, but they can't say sh1t to me cus i paid for it :p

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hund3y said:
My parents say that an Integra is "too much of a car for me." Instead they want me to get a supercharged VW Corrado.... How little they know :D

Actual parent quotes.

"Andy, I want you to get a car where you wont get pulled over just because it looks 'sporty' "

"Woah! How bout that Metro! There's a car for you!"

"So, where is this Ford Integra you wanted to look at..."
damn too funny lol lol... lol...

·
Registered
194 Posts
my parents get kinda edgy when i talk about putting power mods in my car, due to the fat i live 45 minutes away form work, they dont want me to loose my ridability, which is understandable. actually, tehy were ok with a turbo, mabe cause the turbo was free, i dunno. it helps that my parets are into sport cars, my mom loves my car, its the crx-hf, i told her im getting a motor wiht more HP, shes like, it already has a lot of pick up, i told her its only got 60 HP, shes like, thats all!? heh heh

·
Registered
128 Posts
My parents don't really care. Of course I'm 28yo, married with 2 kids. So it's really none of their business anyway!

But really, my dad was the shop manager for chevy dealership for 5-6 years, plus he owns a trucking company now. He's been really good about helping me out if I get stuck on something. And he lets me use his shop when I need it. It comes in handy to have all the air tools and shit when you're workin on a big job. He even has a tire balancing machine.

Now all I need is a tool and die shop!

·
Registered
513 Posts
My Mom LOVES my car.....She drove it once before. Yes My mom knows how to drive a STICK. She likes my Apex-i worldsport since it's not loud all the time. And for the whole car she likes it....

and for my step-dad he's JELOUS.....he always looks the other way when I come in the drive way..and also in the winter I caught him dumping snow on my hood with a shovel......too bad my paint is waxed so it just slides right off on to his feet....too bad my honda got him back....Ohhh yeah he also drives a 98 or 99 Acura RL.

·
Registered
837 Posts
they used to hate that i wanted to change stuff, but now tht they see it looks good and nothing is fucked up and that me and my friends know what we're doing, they like it.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
when i bought my crx, it wasnt in the bestest of condition. so my dad said am i going to carry it around on my shoulders:D but hes going to start driving it around, because im not home to keep it runnin.

61 - 80 of 106 Posts