Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

im getting this body kit for my car and i also want to paint it this same color. i was wondering what all is involved in the painting process to make my car look this good. thank you

· Registered
1,012 Posts
My friend's 98 talon's paint looks just about like that. It kind of fades from baby blue to silver to almost a white. Its sweet ... and its all stock ... go over to dsm tuners. com and see if you can find out the paint code for that. Its more silver than anything tho

· Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
can we get more specific on wat is included in this paint job that will cost $1500-$2000. thats what im interested in.

· Registered
58 Posts
I think that car was in Import Tuner Mag.
If it is the same 1 it is Silver W/blue Pearl
U probaly need to sand all the old paint to metal
Remove all Rubber gaskets, door handels, mirrors
Prime it all, spray it all white 4 a base coat
Then spray it silver, then add the Blue Pearl Clear coat
Hardner, then Wet sand the whole thing Buff it Polish it and Glaze it. U probaly could get it all 4 1500-2000 But it is paint their are lots of places to cut corners (but it costs U quality)
A nice paint job costs a good amount of $ it took me awhile
to find the right shop that gives a good deal without skimping
on the little things that make the Job Look flawless as an end result. Try to talk them in to cutting a deal for some representation. Can't hurt + if they do they make shure it looks
good u want's a shitty looking car Rollin W/ their company Name on it.

· Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
want to paint my car silver, but i dont want a custom car show paint job tat changes colors in different light. i want a stock color, but one tats nice. can anyone suggest a nice silver for me? i was looking into the supra silver.

· Registered
58 Posts
Yea, It is a good Idea to look toward other car companies just because then you get A 1 off look that you wouldn't see on a stock honda. But for not a lot of extra $ you can toss a Pearl in to the mix to make it really different. Try to find a shop or paint supply store that has the Pearl-s-ent ( I don't know how to spell it but thats how U say it) Looks like a oil spill in sunlight..
Otherwise check out Mersades Platium looks Bright and Very hot.

· Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hey.....wat site can i go to check out tat mercedes silver? or any other colors?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.