Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know i have to get the Gold membership etc BUT my question is what does it cost to run?
Do you get billed by minuet?
Will i there be any hidden costs or scary bills looming if i join and play for ages or with people from other countries?
I have looked hard but no one mentions it anywhere.

Also I've decided on the wireless 'N' Network adapter is this OK or is "hard wired" a better set up?
So any advice or opinions would be great, i should be up and running live by tomorrow hopefully. :D

·
Registered
56 Posts
I think its $50/year. You can also buy cards at Walmart or a game store and pre pay for it. They got like 1 month, 6 month, 1year cards ect. Once you redeem the card you can be on as much as you want. My xbox broke and microsoft gave me a new one and they also gave me a free year of xbox live. Before that I used to just get the cards.

·
Olde School Ricer
8,762 Posts
$50 for 13 months
I get the gold card from gamestop. No other cost unless you buy other stuff. (movies, different sn's, etc)

·
Registered
5,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounding good! :)
I just had visions of Buying the gold Membership and then being charged for so much a minuet every time i went on. :)
Thanks for putting my mind at rest, i shall be going out and abusing my Crimbo gift vouches for Xbox live tomorrow :number1

·
Registered
20,101 Posts
sometimes one year gold member ships go on sale for $30.

I would say wired would be better than wireless but i have never compared

·
Registered
37,992 Posts
yea. fuck paying $50 for 13 months.

look online. alot of times retailers sell then for $35.

i got my 13 month for $28 a month after i bought my xbox.......which has since ringed. but i still have like 4-5 months left.

·
Registered
23,038 Posts
I paid $60 CDN for the 12 month live gold membership, came with a little keyboard and headset. No hidden fees on xbox live, but check with your internet supplier, sometimes they set limitations.

·
Registered
37,992 Posts
I paid $60 CDN for the 12 month live gold membership, came with a little keyboard and headset. No hidden fees on xbox live, but check with your internet supplier, sometimes they set limitations.
yea, this might be the only time you incrue the "hidden fees". only because to in ISP your considered a "bandwidth abuser"

1 - 10 of 10 Posts