Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting ready to swap a b18c1 with lsd into my 97 civic sedan. But before i drop the motor in what would you guys do internally first. Keeping in a $3000 ball park, including labor on machine work. I have a father-in-law thats a mechanic helping me with everything else free of charge. Also would you go with a different throttle body/intake manifold or keep stock?
Thanks

·
Banned
638 Posts
get a skunk2 head package, JG header and IM, AEM CAI, and a Skunk2 exhaust. you'll have a nice n/a set-up.

·
Banned
638 Posts
biskey77 said:
ok what about internally? cams, valves and retainers?
covered with the skunk2 head package ;)

·
Banned
638 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Get a toda spec B package. If you go on e-bay as soon as you read this there is a guy sell toda cams spec b and the valve train for real cheap. Just go to parts and type toda cams and you should see it. With just toda cams you will get 15WHP easy without tuning. Also if you decide to upgrade your cams and valve train stick with a short ram intake. It works better than CAI. Just go with I/H/E and HI Flow cat. You should gain 20-30WHP no problem after you tune it right. Good luck. Hope this help.:D

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
how bout this, nos gsr direct port plate system, eagle rods, jg nitrous pistons, arp head studs,
block guard or solid deck sleeves, i think that's roughly in the $3000 price range, maybe a little over
but inteed of running all motor 13's you'll be able to spray enough to drop you into the mid 12 range

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OK you guys are throwing a lot of nice ideas. What is going to be the best for everyday driving and not have to worry about for 20-30k miles. Also what about suspension and brakes any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
biskey77 said:
OK you guys are throwing a lot of nice ideas. What is going to be the best for everyday driving and not have to worry about for 20-30k miles. Also what about suspension and brakes any thoughts?
leaving the block and head stock :D

·
Registered
113 Posts
biskey77 said:
dont get aggressive cams if you dont have an upgraded valve train. the best bet, since its daily driven is to get some skunk2 stage 1, or ITR cams, which doesnt need any modification to the valve train. also, its smoother at idle.

suspension...how much are looking to spend and what are you specifically looking at? coilovers? springs? shocks? etc...

brakes...again how much are you looking for....you can look to spend from $600 - $2000+ for aftermarket brake systems....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts