Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 92 civic vx hatchback with an 18,000 mile 2000 civic si motor,so far i have JDM Integra type r cams and valve springs,intake,exhaust carbon fiber hood and wing(for lighter weight)and the car is gutted from the front seats back.what do you think i can run now,and what else can i get that isnt a waste of money?i wanna run mid to high 13 this spring all motor
Dan

· Registered
112 Posts
get some racing slicks that will kick up a notch and a clutch would help too

· Premium Member
23,755 Posts
intake, header, exaust, and 50 shot nos with some cheater slicks will get you to about 13.6

· Registered
691 Posts
Better cams outta get you alot closer. Look into Toda spec C or Skunk2 stage 3. I don't think the CTR cams are aggresive enough to get you into the 13s. Then start thinking about raising compression. But of course you will have to get better internals. The stock B16 internals won't handle that kinda lift. Whatever you decide to do, good luck. And keep us posted on your progress.;)

· Registered
691 Posts
My bad.....just noticed you have a '92 hatch. With that light weight body you just might be able to get into 13s without worring about changing cams. Compression is still a good idea. Also look into a B20 block.

· Registered
3,140 Posts
If you don't already have one, a header,high flow cat, throttle body, type r intake manifold, try some royal purple oil 5W-30,plugs and wires. Also some lightweight racing wheels(14" or 15") with drag radials. Sometimes all the little things really add up.

· Registered
8 Posts
definetly do a JUN stage 3 head packge. it gives a lot a power and is very reliable. also id suggest going with a Apex'I Vtec controller and an AEM fuel rail and fuel regulator and if u got extra money a good fuel pump. a very reliable setup with a lot of power.

· Registered
432 Posts
screw the head package.. no sense redoing what you've already done. Stick with your cams and valve springs. I run 12's all motor with a 98 civic EX (yep, a SOHC).

All this for around the price of a turbo will get you 13's. PLUS, there's room for improvement later on:

Raise the compression up around 10.5 or 11:1, bore it out anywhere from 25 to 80 over, stay N/A and away from nos for now. The new pistons, go JE with their rings, pins, etc. Just have your old rods strengthened. (shotpeened)

Other things to consider:
AT least an ignition kit. $200. Get pulleys and a cam gear for around $240. High-flo fuel injectors, fuel rail, fuel pressure regulator, and fuel pump for a little over $500. Next, some kind of fuel management, either a piggy back like apexi for $350 or a full standalone cpu like aem's new one $1400.

Lastly, if you've got an auto tranny you're gonna need a torque converter.

I can get pretty good deals on whatever you need. From like 5-10%, and not that crappy quality you get from ebay. Straight from the manufacturer too.

· Registered
432 Posts
BTW, do the engine build first. The other parts can be added on one at a time. I ran mine, adding piece by piece over a span of 6 months.

But if you're going to spend the money, get the motor redone right. WHile your rebuilding, don't forget the little shit like gaskets, oil pumps and water pumpS!

· Registered
432 Posts
Yeah, but what did you gain for your $3000. 50-60HP. My rebuild got me from 127 to 200.

NOT to dis your setup man, it sounds pretty sweet! It IS probably alot easier than all the work I had to do..... :cry:

Besides,highpsi, you can ALSO add Nitrous later. Bulletproofing the bottom end (stregthening) will let you spray up to 200 shot. That'll get you up into the 10's.

· Registered
278 Posts
im not sure exactly how much in gains i got but my setup only cost me around 1800 bucks. i did all the install and i have hookups on parts. im gonna dyno it soon though and i got alot more than 50-60 hp im over 200 for sure.id say about 210hp but i also plan on a rebuild in the end hope to be around 290-300hp
but it will take awhile :D

· Registered
432 Posts
cool man! I noticed you got the sohc, too! I meant 3k was for the dohc greddy kit...

but let me know what you dyno at... I'll be around!

· Registered
2,356 Posts
mhardy said:
im not sure exactly how much in gains i got but my setup only cost me around 1800 bucks. i did all the install and i have hookups on parts. im gonna dyno it soon though and i got alot more than 50-60 hp im over 200 for sure.id say about 210hp but i also plan on a rebuild in the end hope to be around 290-300hp
but it will take awhile :D
Not trying to burst your bubble or anything, but I don't think you're gonna be near 210hp.. unless of course you're running more boost.. The GReddy Si only puts out 217hp to the flywheel (The yellow Civic they have) running 6psi of boost with the large intercooler..

SOURCE: Honda Tuning Feb/March 2002

· Registered
432 Posts
you should go to the track more, my friend :D YOU would have some fun in that ITR of yours... wait... hybrid fever... you're the one with the ITR, right. I've only been back a day, so forgive me if I'm wrong.

I'll get a list of my mods together one of these days. I've lost it since superhonda went down last time. All i'm saying is that it can be done. THANKS to me and my friend GLEN at goodson imports.

.. some of what I've learned, i've learned from him. He's got a BMW runs 9's on NOS. Car got impounded and he lost his license for like 2 years for going 150 on state roads.

By the way, I've got a guy on another post saying .080 bore is impossible. Maybe y'all can help, but does anyone know of a DOHC integra or civic in the NIRA circuit with this setup? I think it was blue last summer... I can't find any of my old INFO!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.