Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have my T3 turbo, internal wastegate, downpipe, manifold. I am only running 5psi with no IC. Nothing is installed yet by the way. This will only be till around january next year. Just to get me going.

What other things do I need to purchase to run my setup? for example, adjustable cam, FPR, upgraded spark plugs. stuff like that that i might be overlooking. Will i need to advance timing for this low psi?

Also, this may be a stupid ?, but i don't have to run high octane for a turbo do i, like with N2O?

Thanks

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
yea you need high octane, colder sparker plugs, blow off valve, FMU, and a missing link. I think thats all you will need for that low of a boost. and then of course all the oil lines and piping.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well i'm not gonna run a IC right now so i don't need the BOV yet, but i did forget about missing link......how exactly does that work, and what is installation like, i have no knowledge on the "missing link"

·
Registered
510 Posts
You do need a BOV!!! The purpose of a blow off valve or compressor bypass valve is to prevent large pressure spikes in the intake pipes when the throttle plate is closed while boosting, preventing the turbo from surging. The BOV sits between the turbo and the throttle body and has a vacuum line that is attached to both the other side of the BOV valve and the intake manifold. When you are boosting the pressure on both sides of the valve is essentially equal because the pressure in the intake manifold is the same as in the intake pipes. When you close the throttle plate while boosting all that air slams into the plate and pressure spikes. At the same time the intake manifold pressure drops to a vacuum, and thus so does the pressure on the other side of the valve. The result is the valve opens wide to allow the pressure to vent out. Also included in a good BOV is some form of spring to aid in keeping the valve closed during modulating part throttle situations so that the BOV doesn't open and cause drivability problems.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah...i realize i was stupid then, but i have learned since then, what is right. I was confused on the whole air routing and such. I am trying to learn all this shit in a matter of days....thanks man

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
roarinhonda94 said:
but i did forget about missing link......how exactly does that work, and what is installation like, i have no knowledge on the "missing link"
it tricks the map sensor so that it doesn't "see" the boost. It only lets air travel 1 way.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts