Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
B16a .....:D

I think the B20 may run you over $2000 and the B16 has more power than the LS. Plus you can get the B16 in for around $2000 depending on factors like labor and shipping. I you pay to have it put in and spend a lot on shipping it could run you close to $3000

·
Registered
10,424 Posts
B20 $800 and up “this is without a tranny”
B-series tranny $500 and up “depending on tranny”
B-series mounts $500
Shift linkage $200
Wire harness $2005

Total $2200

This is without shipping and labor

Add $250 shipping “engine” if you buy from Hondamotorsonline
Add $200 Shipping “tranny” if you buy from Hondamotorsonline

New total $2650

Still without labor

B18B works out to be about $1000 more

I say buy a B16A changeover for $1150 “$300 shipping” some mounts and a linkage have a shop drop it in for about $200. not only will it cost less in the long run but its also the better engine

·
Registered
10,424 Posts
Nope sorry it can’t the B20 is rev limited “rev it to high and shit goes south fast” it all comes down to torque

Torque for the most part is HP and RPM = torque

Displacement also has a lot to do with it BUT at some point displacement cant make more torque so on any low displacement engine “this includes 2 liters” you need high RPM and HP to make more torque the B16 will always have that advantage over the B20

On a side note

Have you ever wondered why domestics go with superchargers over turbo?

Its because a turbo loves high RPM

·
Registered
81 Posts
well u can only measure torque then i guess you times that by the rpm and devide by 56.56 i think!! or something on those lines!

·
Registered
743 Posts
b20z, thats what i would get, great motors.Just get some good cams that engine will be faster than a b16a and makes it at a lower rpm.they respond realy good to bolt ons.And low rpm power equals fun puts you back in your seat and the non-vtec heads have that awsome deep ass sound with an intake. and for the tranny I would just find one localy, people with 2nd gen. integra's are always swaping their engines to b16's.low rpm power makes a differance my brothers old b16 rex got pulled by a ls rex to about 80 then they my bro started to pull and the ls rex stopped.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts