Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i would like to know what type of engine should i put in my 96 cx hatch, id like to stay jdm, like a h22a or b18 or b16 i need to know the benefits and diadvantages of each

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Its all personal preferance! And it depends on what you plan to do with the car. if you plan to do only drag racing and want a fast car with alot of tourqe go with the H22, the only disadvantage of the H22 is its size and weight and its a more difficult swap! its around 185lbs heavier than your stock motor so plan to do some suspension upgrades!, i have a book saying H22 civics with bolt on have potential for high 12's!...my friend has a 95 civic with an H23 and it moves! If you want something quick maybe for Auto-X and the occasionla drag, go with the B16A or B18C, they are both great engines... or if you want to get really crazy you could get a B18B and turbocharge it!The B18B has one of the strongest stock bottom ends that honda makes and also makes quite a bit of tourqe! its all about personal preferance and budget though! Good Luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.