Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
92 civic dx just blew. Not sure the engine code on it. Local guy has a d15xx @ 152k from a 92 dx. (this should bolt right in, right??)

Or a d16xx @ 175k from an 89 integra. ( would this bolt in?)

What other engine codes will fit into this with no other modifications. (alot of these engines don't come with mounts or axles, so unless I find some, i'm stuck with my stock ones.)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so the teg is the d16a1 and that won't bolt up right?

I didn't realize the range for civics was so huge. really ANY 92-00 civic engine will fit?

Do I need to make sure it's manual to keep the same harness?
Will they fit my tranny if it doesn't come with one?
Mounts and transaxles in my engine are fine?

·
Registered
12,455 Posts
so the teg is the d16a1 and that won't bolt up right?

I didn't realize the range for civics was so huge. really ANY 92-00 civic engine will fit?

Do I need to make sure it's manual to keep the same harness?
Will they fit my tranny if it doesn't come with one?
Mounts and transaxles in my engine are fine?
You could make the teg engine work, but its a lot of work. That D16 has DOHC as opposed to your civic with a SOHC.

And yeah, pretty much any SOHC D series will work. However, be aware of your OBD version. If you get a motor out of a 99 for example, that will have OBD 2 where as your civic had OBD1, so you will have to get some sort of conversion harness/adapter thingy for it to work.

Your Civic tranny will work with any other D series engine, and therefore so will your existing axles. The monts are also the same for all D-series. The main thing you'll need aside from the motor is the wiring harness for the engine and possible ECU, should you get an OBD 2 motor or a motor with VTEC.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts